Living in Arkansas? Tax Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Living in Arkansas? Tax Questions

Anyone on the GS live in Arkansas or lived there in the past? Looking at a possible move and trying to understand the tax implications. From what I understand you have to pay taxes every year on personal property??....and they have a state income tax??

As I recall, yes on both, been a long time, hopefully current residents will chime in.

Comment

Tooth tax is gonna kill you. Pretty sure they tax you by the tooth and that's why so many in Arkansas choose to have them pulled and not replaced. You, being from Texas are gonna pay a high price for that nice smile. Good luck.

Comment

Lower cost to hunt will offset the tooth tax.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
          Lower cost to hunt will offset the tooth tax.
          I would keep my lease so that wouldn't help me much.

Comment

In for the facts

Comment

Yes on the personal property tax. Yes on state income tax, unless you live in the city of Texarkana,Ar/Tx.

Comment

Yes on both

Comment

Yes on both, but the property tax isn’t what you’re used to in Texas. It’s really an afterthought in comparison. Ends up being a little over a dollar an acre where I pay.

The state income tax is frustrating, but you’ll find cost of living MUCH lower.

Comment

I’d recommend looking at “Ozark” on Netflix. Has lots of good tax info, or at least how to evade it.

Comment

Born and raised there. My sister and BIL still live there. Yes to state income tax. No state income tax on social security if I understand correctly. Real property taxes lower than what I pay. Still not retiring back to Arkansas. Texas is home now.

Comment

Originally posted by Wampuscat View Post
                        I’d recommend looking at “Ozark” on Netflix. Has lots of good tax info, or at least how to evade it.
                        Lots of good advice on Ozark, especially when dealing with the Cartel...

Comment

Do you have to marry your sister?

Comment

What area are you looking at?

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                              Anyone on the GS live in Arkansas or lived there in the past? Looking at a possible move and trying to understand the tax implications. From what I understand you have to pay taxes every year on personal property??....and they have a state income tax??
                              yes, on the state tax. I got out of there as soon as I could.

Comment

Working...
                              X