Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really shouldn’t ever have an issue getting your stuff stolen if you take it with you. Public land with stuff left out over night generally ends up being public property! I hate thieves as much as the next man but I also remove my stuff after each hunt to keep from losing my property.

The rules are pretty clear about removing your stands when not in actual use and game cameras removed after each hunt. You leave it at your own risk, so when it comes up missing look in the mirror and get mad at that guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by erikm1981 View Post
      Really shouldn’t ever have an issue getting your stuff stolen if you take it with you. Public land with stuff left out over night generally ends up being public property! I hate thieves as much as the next man but I also remove my stuff after each hunt to keep from losing my property.

The rules are pretty clear about removing your stands when not in actual use and game cameras removed after each hunt. You leave it at your own risk, so when it comes up missing look in the mirror and get mad at that guy.

The rules are pretty clear but that doesn't mean someone shouldn't be upset if their stuff disappeared by theft. If the Corp came and took it that would be a completely different story. I would still like people to say something if it does disappear so we know/are reminded the type that steal are there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ispdnxs View Post
        The rules are pretty clear but that doesn't mean someone shouldn't be upset if their stuff disappeared by theft. If the Corp came and took it that would be a completely different story. I would still like people to say something if it does disappear so we know/are reminded the type that steal are there.

I hear you and understand being upset, but i’ve seen this multiple times a year for 10 years on this same thread. People complaining about stolen property. Like my 7 year old son crying because he left his toy in the middle of the street and it’s not there anymore. No one to blame but yourself.

Every time we walk through those public gates we should be reminded that the land isnt ours and we cant leave stuff out there like it is.

I don’t want to diminish the OP for his feelings of having his stuff taken just that it can easily be prevented by not leaving your property on land that anyone can access and take. I wish it wasn’t that way but it is and the corp knows that which is why the rules are there.

Comment

Fowltrouble congrats on the buck.
          TG. Glad the procedure helped. Prayers sent that the next one goes well and you feel a lot of relief!
          Justin sorry to hear it. Prayers sent.
          It wasn’t a kid that hit and killed my SIL. Was a 53 yr old guy that had been pulled over 7 times for DUI but only two convictions since some where still pending when he got the next one. He had one from a month before this happened that he hadn’t been to court on. Also had arrest for possession and assault on a police officer. Should have been put away along time ago. Just senseless how they slip through the cracks. After he hit her he hit a tree and had it to the floor trying to back up.

In my stand this morning. Saw 2 deer on my way in this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by erikm1981 View Post
            I hear you and understand being upset, but i’ve seen this multiple times a year for 10 years on this same thread. People complaining about stolen property. Like my 7 year old son crying because he left his toy in the middle of the street and it’s not there anymore. No one to blame but yourself.

Every time we walk through those public gates we should be reminded that the land isnt ours and we cant leave stuff out there like it is.

I don’t want to diminish the OP for his feelings of having his stuff taken just that it can easily be prevented by not leaving your property on land that anyone can access and take. I wish it wasn’t that way but it is and the corp knows that which is why the rules are there.

I just can’t accept this for several reasons. Theft is theft. In my mind being okay with others stuff being stolen is being accepting of the thieves themselves. Doesn’t matter to me where it happens. Maybe I see this different since I have been on the other side so many times. I’ve had my vehicles broken into multiple times in multiple states, my house burglarized, and numerous other things stolen including the gas out of my truck while hunting Whitney. I guess I shouldn’t have left my truck on the side of the public roadway. All I can say is I hope I never catch anyone stealing from me next time it happens. Hate to argue on here, but this is one of the few topics that’s gets my blood pressure up fast.

Good luck to those in the woods today.

Comment

No argument from me.... I completely agree with all of what you just said.... However slight difference is when we knowingly leave our stuff out in the woods on public land where there are no rules to protect it.

The law “protects” your right to your property out at the store or your home. You can file charges, or defend your property.

Quite, the counter on public hunting land. Rules are tilted towards the thieves on public land and they know it. They know its a PIA taking your stuff with you every time. The corp knows this which is why the rule is there. Which is why it gets my blood boiling when people donate to the meth heads out there.

Comment

Originally posted by switchback View Post
                Fowltrouble congrats on the buck.
                TG. Glad the procedure helped. Prayers sent that the next one goes well and you feel a lot of relief!
                Justin sorry to hear it. Prayers sent.
                It wasn’t a kid that hit and killed my SIL. Was a 53 yr old guy that had been pulled over 7 times for DUI but only two convictions since some where still pending when he got the next one. He had one from a month before this happened that he hadn’t been to court on. Also had arrest for possession and assault on a police officer. Should have been put away along time ago. Just senseless how they slip through the cracks. After he hit her he hit a tree and had it to the floor trying to back up.

In my stand this morning. Saw 2 deer on my way in this morning.
                thanks SB. Hope that put that guy away for a good long time. Good luck this morning

Comment

Just trying to say that theft of property on public land is 100% preventable. Take everything home that you brought in with you and you will never have anything stolen. From over a decade of experience hunting that land.

I lost a camera in 2005 and swore that’ll never happen again. Since that time i haven’t had one piece of my property stolen hunting public land.

Comment

I’ve never had a tree stand stolen, I bear hug the tree for at least 10 ft, if u can’t climb like a monkey their not getting mine too much trouble, 53 years old btw

Comment

I know ACE used to leave a pamphlet with a number for property claims if you wanted to pay a small fine for leaving stands and such out, at the location of your stand. I've never heard of them doing that for game cams. But do know they confiscate a lot of them. I also know they have a Kawasaki Mule set up with a cutting torch, bolt cutters, various hand tools, and ladders, just for removing stands and such. And do go looking for them on a regular basis. Usually mid day. And mostly weekdays. But I think they have a cumulated so much equipment that they don't bother to leave the pamphlets any more.

The fish are biting. And there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Thanks Switchback. I'm looking forward to getting this next one done next Friday!

The fish are biting. And there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Did someone last year or year before have a stand stolen and reported it to the police? I remember he posted pic of the thief’s too, so just because it’s public land doesn’t give anyone the right to steal or forfeit your stuff because you left it for a minute. What if you are walking around and technically not hunting but will return shortly and your stuff is taken? Example dropping the kids off at the pool.😜

Comment

Stuff is gonna get stolen, most people don’t wanna work these days, is it fair? Hell no! The way it is!

Comment

Did anyone hunt today? Or yesterday?

Comment

In a tree now but we haven’t seen anything all day

Comment

Working...
                                X