First Point review!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Point review!

So it's taken me way too long to get this up..

I was there mid October for a 3 day hunt, ended up taking 2 hogs both spot and stalk. It was one other guy and myself in camp at this time, we both saw an increadible amount of game. Only saw a couple good bucks while in stand but countless others when I was riding around in the feed truck with Bo or on foot. I had a blast while I was there and have already booked a mid December hunt. I don't think I will go that early in season again but none the less it was a great trip. Hunted pastures 12 and 3. This ranch is an awesome place to hunt and I plan on making a trip every year from here on out.

You can search this forum and find great advice to give yourself the best chance at taking a muture buck. One of the biggest tips you will find is that you need to properly brush in a blind.. My advice is take that and multiply it by 10! These deer are smart and you have to take everything to the extreme to get the most out of it. Pick a spot and stick with it!! You will regret it if you bounce around..

As for the ranch manager, Bo.. What an upstanding guy!! Bo was a great host and for his first year as the manager he really knows the place well, he hunted there when mike ran the place so its not like he went into it blindly.

If your on the fence about booking a hunt, DO IT!!!! If you have any questions feel free to ask. I would personally like to thank "Kill em all" shayne for providing a ton to help prior to making my first trip down there as well as the rest of the TBH family for all the help and past threads on here full of great tips!

If someone doesn't mind posting the picture of my kills I'd appreciate it shoot me a txt so I can email it. 979-820-4893 names Chip.

Going back Dec. 11-14th

I'll see you there buddy. Going the same dates as you. We can swap firefighting stories.

Comment

[ATTACH]417439[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]417440[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]417441[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]417443[/ATTACH]
      Attached Files

Comment

Great write up and congrats on your success.

Comment

Like the snake kill!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ATXBowhunter View Post
            Like the snake kill!!!!
            Forgot to include that in the write up, actually got 2.

One was 5'10" another 5'8"

Comment

Originally posted by rhendrix View Post
              I'll see you there buddy. Going the same dates as you. We can swap firefighting stories.
              Heck yeah! That's awesome brother, you will be there with E-151's B-Shift crew

Comment

Awesome!

Bo is a GREAT guy and we can't wait to go back the Friday after Thanksgiving!

Comment

Great report and congrats on the porkers.

Comment

I recently met Mike at my a friend of mine's deer ranch. He was trying to harvest a Axis buck. Nice guy. He said the place is full of game. I am going to book something soon

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTrojan View Post
                      I recently met Mike at my a friend of mine's deer ranch. He was trying to harvest a Axis buck. Nice guy. He said the place is full of game. I am going to book something soon
                      It certainly is.. Mike has some gnarly pictures on the wall! They are there

Comment

If he told you his technique on how to hunt them.....do it verbatum!!

Comment

Congrats on the hunt. Glad I could help. Good luck when u go back and keep me updated

Comment

Originally posted by Killem all View Post
                            Congrats on the hunt. Glad I could help. Good luck when u go back and keep me updated
                            Will do brother!

Comment

congrats !!! way to go on the pork !!! - c

Comment

Working...
                              X