Broadhead/arrow combo/ tuning??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broadhead/arrow combo/ tuning??

I just got some new recurve arrows. My arrows are 5575 gold tips. I placed an order with 3 rivers and got some 100 gr inserts as well as a field tip variety pack for tuning to see what size tip flies the best. I am looking at the tree sharks as well as the land sharks. My question is can I use the 190gr tree sharks and tune them to my arrows by shortening them?? I would assume shorting the arrow would make the spine stiffer. I am wanting to shoot the tree shark but not sure if 290 gr in the front of my arrow is to much. Any help guys?? I've never tuned a recurve before

What is your draw length?

Comment

I draw to 28-28.5. Right now my arrows are cut at 30 in. My bow is 50# at 28 in

Comment

What tip weight are you using to match your normal 5575's to your bow? I'd lean towards the inserts+broad head making it too weak maybe just the standard insert with the head! But that's not to say it won't work... Good luck

Comment

I don't have my bow tuned right now. I have no clue About all this just learning. I may go with the land shark since it weighs less

Comment

Originally posted by jreyna920 View Post
            What tip weight are you using to match your normal 5575's to your bow? I'd lean towards the inserts+broad head making it too weak maybe just the standard insert with the head! But that's not to say it won't work... Good luck
            I don't know John? I shoot 50# and use 55/75s with 250gr up front on a 30.5" arrow. I think you should be able to make it work but could not begin to tell you what move to make (shorter/longer/heavier/lighter) without having you here to wacth and see what happens.

Bisch

Comment

If you want to drive down to Waco this weekend I'll help you get them tuned..

Comment

I might be able to do that mike. The only problem is the inserts are still in the mail an I'm not really sure when they will be here. Let me see when they come in and I might can make the trip down.

Comment

If you ardered them from 3Rivers they will be to you pretty quick. That is one of the best companys out there in that regard.

Bisch

Comment

Use the std. insert the 100gr. insert will push the spine weak @ 30" .

Comment

Tried a 200 gr. Head this evening out on 29.25" 5575 out of a Sarrels Serria 47#@28" drawn to 28" with standard 12 gr. Aluminum insert. They came out considerably weak for me. There's a lot of variables that change between shooters, but hopefully this helps you. I am going to try shooting the same heads this year as well as the 1 1/2" silver flame and sausquatch, I will be trying 7595's for the Simmons sharks

Comment

Personally, I like telephone posts (old school 2219's) and OLD original Snuffers.

Comment

Working...
                        X