Burr oak trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burr oak trees

Anyone have any Burr Oak trees. I found a good deal on a few of them and was wondering if anyone would recommend. I am not wanting Live Oak.

I would definitely recommend them. As long as you dont mind the large acorns, they are a very good tree.

Comment

large acorn = improved golf swing. Great tree!

Comment

Excellent pick! Except for a fall mowing and dodging the acorns.

Comment

my dad planted a few. they are nice trees. just wish he had gotten some that were a little bigger. we might not see a true "tree" until we're 100 years old. haha. they are only about 7 feet tall right now.

Comment

My dad loves them. He planted about 30 100 gallon ones about 4 years ago

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

my dad planted a few. they are nice trees. just wish he had gotten some that were a little bigger. we might not see a true "tree" until we're 100 years old. haha. they are only about 7 feet tall right now.
              They grow faster than live oaks. You may live to see a real "tree".

Comment

I got one. Great looking tree with large leaves but it does sound like you're mowing in a gravel pit once the acorns fall. I throw em under my feeder. Deer look like they're eating a jawbreaker.
                Last edited by shark79; 03-21-2018, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Been trying to locate some as well.

Comment

Great tree as said above almost Golf Ball sized acorns and they have very large leaves providing good shade.

Get em!!!

Comment

Our 2 took a real beating in the hurricane but seem like they're gonna make it. As said above, just beware of the big acorns. Pretty rough on your mower and you can turn your ankle on em walking in the dark to your truck. Guess how I know?

Comment

Do the deer like those type of acorns?

Comment

My boys have filled up 5 gallon buckets at house and dumped out at lease. All were gone next morning. Looked like deer and hogs had been there. Didn't have camera on em.

Comment

great tree, would highly recommend planting them to anybody interested in a quicker growing oak with good canopy cover.

Comment

Deer eat them, they are great trees. They eat the leaves also after they fall in autumn. If you have an area around water they will do well. If you fertilize them they will really grow.

Comment

Working...
                              X