Bass fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bass fishing

Any bass fishers on here? I’m looking at trying a couple new rods and was wondering what y’all thought about them? I’m looking at one3 fate black, one3 fate chrome, Daiwa aird x, and Cabela’s zx.

Don’t buy 13 rods. Biggest pieces of junk out there. I’ve broken 4, and know many people who have too. Dad broke one on the first cast. Buy the falcon bucoo sr from academy. Most bang for your buck and extremely light. I have 5 of them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The 13 reels are pretty good though!

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
        The 13 reels are pretty good though!

Which ones do you have? Been looking at a few of them

Comment

Originally posted by Williams4298 View Post
          Which ones do you have? Been looking at a few of them

I’d buy a shimano as that’s all I really like, but I have the white one and it’s pretty good. Dad has the black one and it will cast a weightless bait a mile! They fit the hand just like a shimano!

Comment

Any bass fishers on here? I’m looking at trying a couple new rods and was wondering what y’all thought about them? I’m looking at one3 fate black, one3 fate chrome, Daiwa aird x, and Cabela’s zx.

I highly recommend Duckett
            High quality, drop it in the lake and it floats so no losing your pole. Very durable.
            Only drawback is price

Comment

Falcon bucco and dobyns fury both at the $100 price point and dang good rods

Comment

Originally posted by Jdavis9753 View Post
                I highly recommend Duckett
                High quality, drop it in the lake and it floats so no losing your pole. Very durable.
                Only drawback is price

The only duckett I’ve had good luck with is the white ice, I’ve had it for about 5 years. I’ve had 3 micro Magic’s and they all broke!

Comment

IMO. Learn how to locate the spine of a rod. It's not as easy when the eyes are already on, but it can be done. Very few mass produced rods pay attention to this, but some do. Waterloo from academy is one that does.

Comment

Originally posted by J&M Hamilton10 View Post
                    Falcon bucco and dobyns fury both at the $100 price point and dang good rods

fury are great rods. price point is good also

Comment

Been using dobyns rods since college bass fishing days and for the price, I won't buy any other rods anymore. For entry level, their fury series are hard to beat.

Thst being said, I do also have and thoroughly enjoy the falcon bucoo I still have as well as the G Loomis E6X rods.

I've heard all the 13 rods are junk, but as stated above, I love their reels. I have one duckett white ice that has not broken yet out of the 5 I bought initially.

Comment

So if y’all had to build a combo for Texas rig fishing what would y’all put together?

Comment

Castaway Skelton V2 7ft medium heavy with a abu revo Stx

Comment

I’m a fan of TFO, carrot stix, falcon and st croix for rods. Shimano, okuma and abu for reels. The bass pro reels are actually hard to beat for the price, I’ve been happy with the 2 I have

Comment

So if y’all had to build a combo for Texas rig fishing what would y’all put together?
                              What are you looking to spend on the combo?

I mainly flip with a Kistler Helium 3, 7'3" MH with an Abu STX 8:0:1

But I also flip with a Falcon Bucoo Micro 7'3"H with a Abu Garcia SX and I can't tell any difference in sensitivity between the two.

The Falcon Bucoo is definitely the lightest rod I own, and for the price they are very durable and sensitive.

Comment

Working...
                              X