Replaceable blade knives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replaceable blade knives

Which one? Outdoor Edge, Havalon, Gerber etc.? Which one do you like and why?? Or tried and disliked. Thanks

Havalon is nice, very light and easy to use.
    Outdoor edge works the same a little heavier and has a backbone to support the blade so they don't break as easy.

Comment

They are all good but i don't like them because they are too sharp and don't hold an edge. Perfer to use my on knife.

Comment

I have been watching Youtube reviews on both. I am real close to the Outdoor Edge because the blade change looks easier. I have never been able to sharpen a knife good enough to skin and quarter two deer without it getting dull.

Comment

Outdoor edge! They are extremely sharp!

Comment

I have the gerber and don’t like it, it doesn’t hold blades tight. Planning on getting a havalon, but I haven’t yet.

Comment

I have a couple havalons and the outdoor edge. I prefer the outdoor edge as I don’t have to be so easy handed while skinning. The blades on the outdoor edge will not pop off like the havslon if you torque it too much.

Skinny

Comment

Can only speak for the Havalon. Use mine all the time. Love it. Blades are extremely sharp out of the package, but dont stay sharp too long. Can skin/qtr up one deer and then its time for a new blade. I do it like it a lot though.

Comment

I’ve got a havalon that my son gave me several years ago and I love it. It is my “go to” for knocking the filets off the big blue cats. Have used it for several deer and can’t complain about performance there either.

Comment

I’ve got both OE and Havalon. Find myself going to the OE swing blade more often than the havalon. Just more sturdy and feels better in my big clumsy hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Like others I have both the Havalon and the outdoor edge Razor Pro. For heavy skinning and cutting the OE is the clear winner. The blade change is much easier and safer with the OE as well.

The Havalon is better at fine detail work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                        They are all good but i don't like them because they are too sharp and don't hold an edge. Perfer to use my on knife.
                        too sharp?
                        Not even sure thats a real thing when talking about skinning knife.. or any knife for that matter.
                        You got guns that are too loaded?

dont hold an edge?
                        they are replaceable blades.
                        Last edited by systemnt; 03-09-2018, 08:36 AM.

Comment

I have the Outdoor Edge Razor Lite EDC and love it so far; just have to remember where I put my extra blades..LOL

Comment

I have a big and small havalon with several blade styles for each and they cover all my needs. I'll never go back to sharpening knives! I do want to get the OE also.

Comment

Originally posted by grinningmule View Post
                              I have the Outdoor Edge Razor Lite EDC and love it so far; just have to remember where I put my extra blades..LOL
                              Same one I carry and I keep the extra blades in the door pocket of my truck

As said before, the Outdoor Edge have more backbone to them. Straight out of the package, the blades are razor sharp. I've been known to sharpen them again and keep on using the same blade.

Comment

Working...
                              X