Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which software guy wants to earn a quick and easy $50?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which software guy wants to earn a quick and easy $50?

Ok, here's the deal. Even though I can (barely) manage to put a pic on one of my webpages, I cannot figure out how to email a link which will land at a specific location on the linked webpage.

I should mention that the site was built using WordPress.

First guy up who can show me, I send $50 to his Paypal account... like right now.

Edit: I'll give the first reply a full opportunity to show me before going on to a second poster.

What e-mail you using. might be able to help

Comment

Thunderbird

Comment

So you want to email an picture and have it show up on your webpage?

Comment

Oh you want to email a link and say have it land halfway down the page

Comment

No, I want to land on text within the page.

Comment

That may be a bit harder as the link would only take you to the web page it is at

Comment

Sorry, but I've already gone through all those YouTube videos. I just want somebody to explicitly show me the html. If I need to add something within the webpage, I can do that. I just need to know what that something is.

Comment

It's a jump link which is something like this.

Comment

So you want the link to go to the web page that is pre scrolled down to the specific text you are wanting to pint out?

Comment

Yep it would look something like this.

<p>This is some content.</p>
                      <h2><a id="target">Some Header</a></h2>
                      <p>This is some more content.</p>

<a href="http://url.to.site/index.html#target">Link</a>

Comment

Ok, I've read about jump links. But it'll require some html attached to the specific page location, right. Just tell me what that something is.

Comment

Ok, here's the page, and here's the location. How close am I? And do I need to add an anchor to the text (THIS PROVES TRAD AND BAREBOW GUYS CAN DO IT TOO)?

<a href="https://www.ultimatearcherysolution.com/reviews/">#THIS PROVES TRAD AND BAREBOW GUYS CAN DO IT TOO</a>

Comment

It doesn't work like that I don't believe. The specific html would need either a "name" attribute or "id" attribute.

Comment

Originally posted by dtu11 View Post
                              It doesn't work like that I don't believe. The specific html would need either a "name" attribute or "id" attribute.
                              X2.

It's basically a word doc so you can't just link to that article.

If you hyperlinked each headline to open a separate page you'd be able to.

So that it read https://www.ultimatearcherysolution....GUYSCANDOITTOO

as an example
                              Last edited by SmTx; 02-15-2018, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X