Hogs down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hogs down

Last Saturday morning I went hog hunting in Tyler, close to the airport. When the feeder went off, nothing came. An hour later I was getting disgusted, and then two came in from my 10:00. I shot the black one and watch him fall 30 yards away, and heard his last drowning breath. About 10 minutes later a group of 3 came from my 12:00. I shot a blonde one and although I couldn't see it, I heard it crash.
    Now I am pretty jazzed. I haven't seen anything at this place in 2 years, and now I have 2 down. I also have rarely had success hunting daylight hours. Well about 15 minutes later, a solitary pig wandered in from my 4:00. It came slowly, pausing and sniffing the air every few steps. It was much bigger than the first two. It ended up walking right underneath me. It stopped under me and sniffed the air, and then sighed and walked into the corn. As soon as it was broadside, I let fly another arrow. It was a little high, but a good pass-through double lung. The pig ran back the way it came, stopped at 30 yards, and stood still. I expected it to fall there, but then it turned and went up a small hill. I did not hear it go down.
    About 2 minutes later, a sow with two half grown piglets came in from my 1:00. They stopped in some brush on the other side of the feeder and hesitated. She suddenly issued a warning grunt, and they blew out of there like it was on fire. I think she smelled the bloody arrow on the ground and sensed the carnage!
    We found where the third shot pig laid down, and there the trail ended. It got too hot and we had to quit. I think it is a dead pig, too many bubbles in the blood. But it packed dirt in the wound and left the area.
    I also want to say I bought an Ozonics HR300 the day before. I was very impressed when that pig walked right under me and kept going!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00401.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	199.9 KB
ID:	25129516

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00404.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	201.9 KB
ID:	25129517

Atta girl

I feel bad for any pig that steps out in front of Pistol
    Last edited by Fishndude; 09-28-2017, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Great pic!
      Congrats.

Comment

Well done! Sounds like you have plenty of targets.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

sweet

Comment

Congrats! Great write up

Comment

Good shooting and KAP.

Comment

KAP! Nice work.

Comment

pistol is deadly with that bow

Comment

Congrats..Fool a hogs nose and three pigs w a bow..thats pretty impressive!

Comment

Good killn!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Get some more arrows, and keep on what you are doing.

Comment

congrats

Comment

awesome! congrats on the oinkers

Comment

Awesome shooting and good read!

Comment

Working...
                              X