Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shane View Post
    Yeah, happens every day.
    Lol. Will spend some time checking cameras next week. Will get you some pictures.

In Hamilton, TX for a kids JR rodeo....long drive from El Paso.

Comment

Didn't realize you hit the jackpot! Congrats, that's awesome!

Comment

Good luck to you Sir! Made me change my mind about a bucket list hunt now. Those desert sheep are beautiful!

Comment

Missed that...a big congrats!

Comment

When is your hunt?

Comment

What would you estimate the two in that last pic to score?
              Have to look from something other than my phone to give you estimate, and my estimates have been known to be way wrong. Will tell the TPWD guys you want the biggest on the mountain though...so they need to do some extra scouting.

The more the horn drops below that jaw the better, but some of my favorite sheep have been broomed way back. They loose length, and hurts score.
              Finding ram with both and you'll have a hoss.

The TBS roundup this year is in Kerrville I think, is a good time.

Also, go to Altimus Adventures online. In the past he guided quite a few sheep hunts in Texas, and has a ton of harvest photos with scores. Neat to look at.

Comment

Congrats brother!!!! I hunted Sierra Diablo when i got mine
                If i had known better i would have done elephant mt for the size and number of sheep. I wouldnt trade anything for my experience there. It was as close to heaven as ive ever been.

Comment

Ya keep rubbing it in.......................................

................I don't blame ya,I would to.

DJ

Comment

Also if u hunt sierra diablo male sure you get in shape like i did. Bleachers, stairs, hills etc. And make sure your non hunting companion can keep up.

Comment

No mules or anything in the diablos. Its hard hunting and i loved every single step i took there.

Comment

In the last picture, the one with the head up is pretty easy a book ram, I would say 170-173". He has good length, he drops down below the jaw, and he carries his mass really well. The other one is probably 163-166. The smaller ram is a little young yet, notice how his mass is not very good in his last 1/4.

In the link with the pretty good ram in the group, the one second from the right side would be the only one old enough to harvest.
                        Last edited by bighornboy; 11-10-2012, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
                          When is your hunt?
                          I don't know the location or date yet. Probably won't know until February.

Comment

Originally posted by kdc331 View Post
                            Also if u hunt sierra diablo male sure you get in shape like i did. Bleachers, stairs, hills etc. And make sure your non hunting companion can keep up.
                            I started doing CrossFit this week. Gonna take my son with me. He's 15 and playing football right now, then basketball, then baseball and track, then CrossFit with me when school is out. If we hunt Sierra Diablo, it will be in March or April though. I figure he'll handle the hikes better than me anyway.

Comment

Working...
                            X