Why are people so dumb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are people so dumb?

Why is it when something or pretty much anything happens that people want to agree with (or wanted to happen) they fall in line and believe every word from the media? But then if it's something they don't want to hear or like they say fake news or make up excuses?

This behavior really gets old. Either question what you're told or be an idiot and believe it all.

I guess people really just can't handle the truth.

And why is it when someone questions the media when they run say a anti-gun report everyone agrees. But question the media when they report what a LEO has done and the questioner is an idiot?

Or LEO shoots bad guy. Ask a question and you must be pro-bad guy. Get the point?

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
    Why is it when something or pretty much anything happens that people want to agree with (or wanted to happen) they fall in line and believe every word from the media? But then if it's something they don't want to hear or like they say fake news or make up excuses?

This behavior really gets old. Either question what you're told or be an idiot and believe it all.

I guess people really just can't handle the truth.

And why is it when someone questions the media when they run say a anti-gun report everyone agrees. But question the media when they report what a LEO has done and the questioner is an idiot?

Or LEO shoots bad guy. Ask a question and you must be pro-bad guy. Get the point?
    No. The dumbass conspiracy theories get old.

Comment

ironic - complaining about people falling in line and believing every word from the media all the while using 'the news reports i saw initially said....' as the basis of a premise for his own opinions about how the event went down ...

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
        No. The dumbass conspiracy theories get old.

Yeah, no ****.
        Do you suppose there's a connection here?

Bob Lee

Comment

it's called confirmation bias. it's not impossible to overcome, but it does take some deliberate action.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Avoid the news (politics at least) works for me most of the time.

Comment

What's that phone number to report........

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                What's that phone number to report........
                867-5309

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Oxymoron

Comment

Same reason people yell liberal at folks that dont agree with them politically ...

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                      Same reason people yell liberal at folks that dont agree with them politically ...
                      Quiet down there you liberal

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                        Quiet down there you liberal
                        Haha Yes Sir - I'll return to the corner on the left side of the room.

Comment

Confirmation bias, ingroup bias, tribalism.

Probably no better example in very recent times than Trump Nation.

Comment

I truly think that most people tend to believe in whatever takes the least amount of effort mentally.. Its easier to just "roll with it" so to speak.. I mean why make things complicated? Why think on your own? Let someone else think for you.. Taking the path of least resistance so to speak. Sometimes total BS is just easier to believe(to handle)than the truth is..
                            Last edited by PondPopper; 03-23-2018, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                              Confirmation bias, ingroup bias, tribalism.

Probably no better example in very recent times than the anti Trump Nation.
                              Fify

Comment

Working...
                              X