Dripping Springs Where to stay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dripping Springs Where to stay?

Looks like my boy will be playing a baseball tournament there the weekend of the 24th/25th of this month. Any recommendations on where or where NOT to stay? Also any good places to hang out/eat/drink between and after the games?

Flores Mex Restaurant on 290 east of Drip.

Comment

There is a Holiday Inn Express right in Drip that is pretty new. Haven't been in it but it should be good. As mentioned Flores is a good place. Other food choices in Bee Cave to the north and Oak Hill and South Austin to the east. Good luck with the Tourney. Where are you playing?

Comment

According to our coach it is a Nations event "Cash Dash" and supposed to be playing at the old High School field.

Comment

The writers cabin in Johnson city. If you just need one room it’s worth every penny and cheaper than most hotels. Very rustic and brand new! Air bnb is where we found it. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Flores

Comment

Dripping Springs

Originally posted by Double D View Post
              supposed to be playing at the old High School field.
              The field is behind HEB and just across the street from the Holiday Inn.

Comment

Treaty Oak Brewery just go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's my home. I don't know a whole heck of a lot, but what I do know is Mexican food. Flores works for keeping kids busy on the playground while you drink a margarita. However, if you want good Mexican food go to El Rey, west side of town next to Doller General. Overall, Dripping Springs seriously lacks in decent reatraunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
                    It's my home. I don't know a whole heck of a lot, but what I do know is Mexican food. Flores works for keeping kids busy on the playground while you drink a margarita. However, if you want good Mexican food go to El Rey, west side of town next to Doller General. Overall, Dripping Springs seriously lacks in decent reatraunts.
                    Stay far away from El Rey (Unless you enjoy the ****s). They have had so many complaints of people getting sick from eating there over the years I wouldn't even drink their water. They have failed a bunch of food inspections as well over the years. El Rey is no Bueno. Sorry Trey to bust your bubble (my wife is a food inspector for the county so I got a little inside info.)

Best Mexican food in town is at the old diamond shamrock (2 pump gas station on the south side of 290 across from Orielly's). Honestly not a lot of good places to eat in town. Railroad BBQ is owned by an old school TBH'r, food is decent and he always a special going. Hill Country Pizza next to HEB is pretty good. Other than that I would have to recommend Whataburger for meals. I would try and book a room at the Holiday Inn. It is 3 minutes from the field.

Comment

Breweries and distilleries all over the place out there.

Comment

And Mercer St has some good places to go for a cold beer.......

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                          Stay far away from El Rey (Unless you enjoy the ****s). They have had so many complaints of people getting sick from eating there over the years I wouldn't even drink their water. They have failed a bunch of food inspections as well over the years. El Rey is no Bueno. Sorry Trey to bust your bubble (my wife is a food inspector for the county so I got a little inside info.)

Best Mexican food in town is at the old diamond shamrock (2 pump gas station on the south side of 290 across from Orielly's). Honestly not a lot of good places to eat in town. Railroad BBQ is owned by an old school TBH'r, food is decent and he always a special going. Hill Country Pizza next to HEB is pretty good. Other than that I would have to recommend Whataburger for meals. I would try and book a room at the Holiday Inn. It is 3 minutes from the field.
                          They were voted "Best of Dripping Springs" in several categories. The masses don't agree with you. We've eaten there at least twice a week for 7 years. Speaks for itself.

Comment

Deep Eddy Vodka is right in that area, can set up tours there.

How is 'Pieous' Pizza supposed to be in Cedar Valley? I've heard it's good but expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
                              They were voted "Best of Dripping Springs" in several categories. The masses don't agree with you. We've eaten there at least twice a week for 7 years. Speaks for itself.
                              Maybe it has gotten better, but I know in the last 2-3 years they have been written multiple food violations along with failing food inspections. And the amount of complaints to the county keep me from going there. Maybe things have changed since I left the area, but everyone I knew (lived there for 20 years) wouldn't eat there ever again. Glad they seem to be better now.

Comment

Working...
                              X