Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salt water spinning reel recomendations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salt water spinning reel recomendations.

We go to the coast once a year, and I want to get a decent reel.
    Looking for a spinning reel that I can use to fish the surf and catch decent sized fish on, or even out in my kayak in the bay or past the big waves in the surf.
    Don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on something I'll use 1-2 a year, but want a decent reel. Throw me your suggestions!!
    Thanks

I think you are asking too much. LOL. actually a shimano Stradic either versions will work for you. they are in the 200 to 250 range and will handle anything you can catch in the bay or surf.

The size of the reel is where you will have a problem with some of your request. a reel size for trout is the 2500 size to maybe 4000 size. But if you want to get past the big waves a 4000 is the absolute minimum, but that is really too small.

Comment

Ifish the coast a lot and have tried all the $100 name.brand reels. I use them til problems arise, then chunk them. Penn has been the best, longest lasting for me.

Comment

Penn Battle 2 ,........ I think that's the one

Comment

I bought this for the same purpose last year. Caught whiting and pompano in the morning from the beach. Stood chest deep on the sandbar in the evenings and caught Spanish mackerel and skipjack. Did some shark fishing at night but didn't have any luck. This cheap rod and reel is pretty awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
            I have this one with no complaints

Comment

I've got rid of almost all my spinning reels and converted to Wright and McGill reels. Wade trip after wade trip these reels are still as smooth as butter. Love'em

Comment

Penn Conflict 2500, braided 10 pd. test line, mid - action 7 ft rod

Comment

Shimano Stradic 4000 fj.

Comment

Abu Garcia Revo Inshore is my go to spinner

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                      i have a couple of these and a few Shimano's and prefer the Penn!

Comment

Penn Battle 2 is a great reel for the price and will take a beating. Best bang for the buck IMO. I have at least 6 of them

Comment

Love my daiwa stuff, pfleuger president is a solid reel that doesnt cost much. Penn Battle is good. Shimano Nasci or stradic also great.

I have always been a shimano guy, but i loved the new daiwa i picked up cyber monday so much i now have retired all my old shimano reels!

3000 size is a good balance, will hold plenty of line to fish the surf, and not be too bulky for finesse in shore artys.

I have all 2500 series, and one 3500 fpr surf and popping corks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Battle for sure.

I bought a II off amazon under a sale last year for 24 bucks or something. If the original ever fails I got a spare.

Fresh to salt it can't be beat.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the penn battle II and the stratic and both are excellent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X