Question time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ace141 View Post
    Okay here is the whole story (I was trying to be vague, in order to get an unbiased opinion).

A few people at work today are walking around talking about how Tom Brady is the greatest QB ever. I simply made the statement that there are several QB's who have better individual stats than him across the board.

The number 1 answer I get is: "But who else has 5 rings?"
    My reply: "Ummm how about the rest of his Team?"

Just because you have a good quarterback on a great team does not particularly mean he is the best. That is my argument and my question.
    I tend to agree with you here. He is good because he had some of the best players money can buy around him. Is he talented? Sure. Best ever hands down? Nah.

Comment

Brady's stats have an * next to it.

* = Cheated

Comment

“My husband cannot throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time,” Bündchen said.

No, no he cant.

But he sure can throw it. If he could catch he might of had 6 rings.
        Attached Files

Comment

Okay here is the whole story (I was trying to be vague, in order to get an unbiased opinion).

A few people at work today are walking around talking about how Tom Brady is the greatest QB ever. I simply made the statement that there are several QB's who have better individual stats than him across the board.

The number 1 answer I get is: "But who else has 5 rings?"
          My reply: "Ummm how about the rest of his Team?"

Just because you have a good quarterback on a great team does not particularly mean he is the best. That is my argument and my question.
          Actually the only other guy in that organization with 5 rings besides Brady is Belichick. Everything changes year after year but those two.

Comment

If Super Bowl rings mattered that much on being the best QB, Brad Johnson is better than Dan Marino....nope

Comment

Originally posted by cookemerkel View Post
              Actually the only other guy in that organization with 5 rings besides Brady is Belichick. Everything changes year after year but those two.
              The point I was making was that rings are a "Team" Effort not just individual.

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=679457

Since you narrowed it down, maybe this thread will help
              Well Yes and no. Yes it said who most think the GOAT is but doesn't really give an answer to why. What requirements are needed to be the GOAT?

Now don't get me wrong. I don't like him, but Brady is a fantastic QB. I personally am a Saints fan. Brees is a great QB as well. He is too inconsistent in the clutch to be considered GOAT though. We would have seen the playoffs or the bowl ALOT more times if he was. And if I am being honest, between owners, managers, and coaches they cant decide what direction to go with the team, and that kills us. We did decent this year but who knows if that will last.

Comment

The point I was making was that rings are a "Team" Effort not just individual.

Well Yes and no. Yes it said who most think the GOAT is but doesn't really give an answer to why. What requirements are needed to be the GOAT?

Now don't get me wrong. I don't like him, but Brady is a fantastic QB. I personally am a Saints fan. Brees is a great QB as well. He is too inconsistent in the clutch to be considered GOAT though. We would have seen the playoffs or the bowl ALOT more times if he was. And if I am being honest, between owners, managers, and coaches they cant decide what direction to go with the team, and that kills us. We did decent this year but who knows if that will last.
                Being consistent in the clutch is key. When i think of cool under pressure I think of Joe Montana. Brady is right there with him! The great ones find a way to win.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  Being consistent in the clutch is key. When i think of cool under pressure I think of Joe Montana. Brady is right there with him! The great ones find a way to win.
                  I completely agree. If Brees had the consistency he would be a force to be reckoned with. However, sometimes he pulls some awesome stuff out, other times he just doesn't know what to do with his hands haha.

Comment

Not the biggest Brady fan but he is the greatest. Brady never had top receivers or running backs. Never really had great defenses.

Comment

its almost weird how he calm he always is. even in last years super bowl down over 20 points he never once looked worried.

Comment

in order to determine who is the greatest of all time... not really possible. the game changes and so does the size and speed of the athletes. only way to know its to go 1v1. Montana vs brady can never happen just like Jordan vs LeBron. they are in 2 different era's. If the Texans had Brady instead of David Carr would Brady still be the goat?

Comment

Give me a group of people that win games over a group of people that pile up statistics. The only statistic i care care about is team winning percentage.

Leaving aside character issues, etc. I'm talking about "all things being equal".

Comment

Do i think Brady is the best qb in the NFL? No
                            Do i think Brady is the best winner in the NFL? 100%
                            He makes plays when they must be maid to win the game better than anyone. The guy just wins, doesn’t matter if it’s him throwing the ball all over the field or him motivating his line for a long drive running the ball. The dude does what it takes to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Pkripper View Post
                              Not the biggest Brady fan but he is the greatest. Brady never had top receivers or running backs. Never really had great defenses.
                              Rob Gronkowski, Randy Moss, Wes Welker, and Danny Amendola would like to have a word with you sir. He also normally has a great kicker, above average defense, and solid offensive line.

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
                                Rob Gronkowski, Randy Moss, Wes Welker, and Danny Amendola would like to have a word with you sir. He also normally has a great kicker, above average defense, and solid offensive line.

Randy moss and gronk are great receivers. Wes Welker and amendola are solid, but not great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X