No announcement yet.

Kerr county and surrounding county hunt thread 17/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is pretty happy to say the least. My old man said that when it came time to go get the truck to load him up that he wouldn't leave that deers side. Said he didn't want coyotes to get it. So dad left him there with his buck and when he pulled the truck around to load him up he was standing guard over his deer with his henry golden boy 22. didn't have time to snap a pic but said it was pretty neat looking. Can't wait till they get home tonight and get the 8 year old story.

Comment

Congrats to your son!
      I shot a medium size doe last night right 6. Second time to use a rifle this year and 2nd deer. I did almost shoot a really big doe Friday evening but neighbors made a loud metal to metal noise and spooked her right when I was going to draw my bow. Was the best weekend as far as seeing deer since bow season season. I will be back in 2 weeks bowhunting. Headed to south texas next weekend. Here is pic of doe I shot last night.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Any of you guys hunt the area south of the Kerr Management area. About 5 miles south as a crow flies. How are the numbers of deer and exotics? Thanks

Comment

My ranch is directly north of their on hey 41

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleGProstaff View Post
            My ranch is directly north of their on hey 41

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Found a 100 acre tract just south of there that we may look at buying. Its surrounded by similar size tracts and couple larger ones. But wasn't sure of the population of exotics and deer in that area.

Comment

Just bought 18 acres outside of Kerrville and i have axis and whitetail. Putting a gamecam and feeders next week to see what else i have roaming around there. Butts up to a large ranch, so it should be good.

Comment

Can anyone please educate me as to why real estate in Real County is relatively cheap?

Comment

Sitting in a blind near Harper. This has been a an abysmally slow season. Every week I've thought it would finally pick up. Same thing all season. Go to the blind, feeder goes off, nothing shows up. We're trying to get a couple does for the freezer and can't even find one. Frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by ptlmg View Post
                    Just bought 18 acres outside of Kerrville and i have axis and whitetail. Putting a gamecam and feeders next week to see what else i have roaming around there. Butts up to a large ranch, so it should be good.
                    Plenty of Axis in and around Kerrville. Congrats on the purchase and good hunting.

Originally posted by TXbowman View Post
                    Sitting in a blind near Harper. This has been a an abysmally slow season. Every week I've thought it would finally pick up. Same thing all season. Go to the blind, feeder goes off, nothing shows up. We're trying to get a couple does for the freezer and can't even find one. Frustrating.
                    Good Luck. Hope the cold weather will get them moving for you.
                    I couldn't buy a deer in Harper this season.

Comment

Working...
                    X