• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great aoudad TX35.

Comment

wow, thats a brute. congrats

Comment

Yippeeeee!

I'm headed out early Sunday morning! The UTV is repaired (pick it up tomorrow) and I hope to get a tripod moved closer to my feeder by 2 PM. I'm stoked about going! I haven't bowhunted in about 5 years and since Ive put the verifier in I'm dead on to 40 yards.

Anyone know if the feed store at Dryden is still open?

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
          I'm headed out early Sunday morning! The UTV is repaired (pick it up tomorrow) and I hope to get a tripod moved closer to my feeder by 2 PM. I'm stoked about going! I haven't bowhunted in about 5 years and since Ive put the verifier in I'm dead on to 40 yards.

Anyone know if the feed store at Dryden is still open?

Feed store is closed permanently. Dave and Jackie said they would still sell feed out of their ranch though. Don't know if you want to risk it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah, I found that out. I called the store number because some folks were asking about the feed store on the Terrell County Hunting FB page. The call was forwarded to her at home and she told me they were gonna try and open next month. However, they will sell bulk corn from their home.

I've bought corn from them once back in April on my way back from Big Bend. I usually get corn in Kerrville or Ozona.

Comment

We hunt outside of Sanderson and we used to have a lease between Sheffield and Dryden. Unfortunately we have not been out this year between work and kids football. Hoping we get out in the next couple of weeks. I need a vacation that includes no cell service.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1295.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	24514923

Name:	IMG_1296.jpg
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	24514924

Terrell County between Dryden and Sheffield here.

Shot this management buck yesterday morning. Been shooting these ridiculous crab-claw deer at my stand for 4 years now. Not sure I’ll ever eliminate the trait, but 4 years of trying is paying off. Far fewer of these running around nowadays.

Between the all of the lions and bears it’s a wonder I even see any deer...

Comment

Originally posted by bpa556 View Post
                  [ATTACH]878181[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]878182[/ATTACH]

Shot this management buck yesterday morning. Been shooting these ridiculous crab-claw deer at my stand for 4 years now. Not sure I’ll ever eliminate the trait, but 4 years of trying is paying off. Far fewer of these running around nowadays.

Nice! I have a few "crab claw" myself

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by westTXgirl View Post
                    We hunt outside of Sanderson and we used to have a lease between Sheffield and Dryden. Unfortunately we have not been out this year between work and kids football. Hoping we get out in the next couple of weeks. I need a vacation that includes no cell service.

Hopefully you get to go soon! It's a great stress reliever.

Comment

[ATTACH]878181[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]878182[/ATTACH]

Congrats on the buck!

Comment

[ATTACH]878181[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]878182[/ATTACH]

Nice buck! I actually like the crab claws. I've seen several all over the ranch. I don't think its a trait you can ever really eliminate, but more power to ya for trying? We are between Dryden and Sheffield as well. Are you on the east or west side of 349?

Comment

I love the crab claws myself as well. Unique look and reminds me of out west when on wall.

Comment

Age input please....

This is a great 8 I call 8 Ball. I've had him on camera for at least 3 years that I can recall. Based on the gut and swayed back on 8 Ball, I'm saying 5.5.

Oh, and the second pic shows what's coming to your west Texas lease if you don't already have them.

Name:	09190063.jpg
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	24515415

Name:	Rays blind.jpg
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	24515416

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                              This is a great 8 I call 8 Ball. I've had him on camera for at least 3 years that I can recall. Based on the gut and swayed back on 8 Ball, I'm saying 5.5.

Oh, and the second pic shows what's coming to your west Texas lease if you don't already have them.

[ATTACH]879316[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]879317[/ATTACH]

Yep. I keep telling my buds that its's only a matter of time before the hogs reach us.

Comment

Sanderson Tx off 5 mile road

Comment

Working...
                                X