Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What broadhead did you use on your first bow kill...Trip down memory lane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1984, satellite broad head, maybe 85-100 grain? They held like little solid razor blade looking blades in them. Arrows were aluminum that were purchased at pawn shop with bow, Browning Excellerator. Spike at Lake Georgetown. My buddies and I were camping for a week, took a boat across the lake, setting lines and bow hunting. We were gonna "live off the land" for a week, and we pretty much did. Killed that deer on the second day and boy were we eating large!! Back strap and fried potato's over the campfire. That was the "good ole days" for sure. That bow and arrows went along ways and killed some critters. I remember being worried about passing the Ft. Hood proficiency test was like a paper plate at 20 yds. from ground and elevated!! Those arrows flew like a whitewing dove at the end of the season, but for some reason hit the mark sometimes. Never heard of tuning a bow. My how things have changed.

Comment

1997 NAP Spitfire, PSE Nova, I was 12. been hooked ever since.

Comment

225gr. Savora.

Comment

125 grain thunderhead back in the 80's.

Comment

Fred Bear 2 blades with the additional bleeder blades.
            Then a major move to SATELLITES!

Comment

125 grain thunderhead!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Slick trick mag 100gr. I still shoot these most of the time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Rocky Mountain Sniper (the original Rage) 2002

Comment

100 gr. Muzzy 3 blade - 2007ish???

Still have a couple packs of them from that time period. I'm thinking about bringing them out of retirement for some pig hunting a little later in the hunting year.

It was a doe, second deer I shot with my bow, didn't find the first.

Comment

100 grain Montec G5s.

I killed two bucks and a doe on my first weekend bowhunting when I was 14 on the property behind my family's house. Mom let me skip school on Monday to find the second buck.

Comment

100gr thunderhead

Comment

Muzzy 3 blade 100gr

Comment

125 GR Swhacker. Still running them. never failed me

Comment

Thunderhead for me too, probably 1997 Colorado county basket rack 8

Comment

rocky mountain Ti . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X