? For all the sausage makers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Meatcutter View Post
    Hogmess: next time you order give me a call or send me PM. I can get you full 100 yard hanks at a better price than Quality Casing.
    Shoot me a private message with your number.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
      Oh, I thought the thread title was.....'For all the sausage takers.' I was going to direct you to the Astros season thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Womp wommppp.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
        If you look real close youll find that is part of the logo printed on the plastic. I was taking a pack back to academy for the same thing. When I looked all the packs had.that dark spot so I looked real close and discovered the truth. Kinda stupid packaging if you ask me.
        Yep^^ I did the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
          Womp wommppp.

Yea, he was looking for makers not takers. Hopefully I'll be able to help more next time.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
            Yea, he was looking for makers not takers. Hopefully I'll be able to help more next time.

So you're saying you take sausage? Hmmm..

Comment

If you look real close youll find that is part of the logo printed on the plastic. I was taking a pack back to academy for the same thing. When I looked all the packs had.that dark spot so I looked real close and discovered the truth. Kinda stupid packaging if you ask me.

OP, did you figure out if it's just ink on the package or is that discoloration on the inside? I've never seen casings look like that before.

Comment

I wash my sausage when it gets dirty, have u tried that?

Comment

Originally posted by Meatcutter View Post
                  I would return and go to your local butcher shop/meat market. Where are you located? I might have a customer that sells in your area.. Try to stay away from LEM, Cabela's, Academy or any 3rd party seller. They normally don't get the best quality product. What size you looking for? Might have a hank here at the house.
                  I can confirm the LEM, Cabelas, and Home Pack casings are junk. Short lengths and full of holes. For the past two years I have ordered pre-tubed casings from either Waltons or Sausage Maker. Pre-tubed are much more convenient to get on the stuffing horn. We make 100# +/- every year so the cost for pre-tubed is not excessive.

Comment

this could be caused by an incorrect cleaning and or curing at the plant in China.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                      So you're saying you take sausage? Hmmm..
                      Poor Rangers fans are so dang obliterated that they can't get on a sausage making thread without making comments about baseball...which they suck at this year...and their egos are destroyed...poor babies

Comment

Kinda stupid packaging if you ask me.
                        Yeah, why not add a fake plastic **** inside one of the intestines as well. Who the hell came up with that idea, jeez.

Comment

Folks need to read this again.

Comment

Originally posted by hogmess View Post
                            Shoot me a private message with your number.

Good luck. He made me the same offer 2 years and never would reply to PMs...

Had to go back to tried and true at

The Sausage Maker produces sausage making equipment & supplies for home and commercial use. Meat smokers, sausage stuffers, casings and more.
                            Last edited by Smart; 06-06-2017, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Good luck. He made me the same offer 2 years and never would reply to PMs...
                              He sent me a message. Price doesn't bother me that's why I order out of state cause they don't give me a run around.

Comment

Originally posted by hogmess View Post
                                He sent me a message. Price doesn't bother me that's why I order out of state cause they don't give me a run around.

I'm order from www.sausagemaker.com

Comment

Working...
                                X