Trijicon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trijicon?

Got an SRS today. How do you know if it's fake or not? I know there are some that aren't legit but I wouldn't know how to tell the difference.

Believe you can call in the serial number

Comment

All genuine Trijicon optics carry serial numbers and the locations are specified below:

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––*––––– ––––––––––––––––––––––

Serial numbers on ACOGs are located in two places: The main ACOG housing has a serial number at the rear top where the eyepiece is attached and the serial number is duplicated on the eyepiece as well.

Compact ACOGs have the serial numbers engraved on the bottom rear of the sight on the housing and duplicated on the eyepiece adjacent to the first location.

Reflex serial numbers are located on the right side of the optic just above the windage adjustment.

TriPower has a serial number located on the top of the battery compartment housing.

AccuPoint line of riflescope serial numbers can be found on the bottom of the scope under the windage adjustment knob.

Iron Night Sights are marked with 'Trijicon' and a two digit date code and do not carry serial numbers

Comment

Well it looks like the real deal. But something tells me the battery in it shouldn't have Chinese writing on it.lol

Comment

I've gotten to the point that I will not buy a used scope. There are just to many counterfeits out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
            I've gotten to the point that I will not buy a used scope. There are just to many counterfeits out there.
            Fortunately this one was given to me. I don't have anything I really want to put it on so it'll probably just gather dust anyways. Or I'll let my little cousin have it since he has a .22 now. Him and his dad go out plinking alot and as far as I know he's just been using iron sights.

Comment

You can get Chinese knockoffs for double digits. Looks identical. The serial number and call it in to see if it is a valid number BernardoDelagarza@ibc.com for that optic.

Comment

I'll have to do that just for grins and giggles. I'm pretty sure it's a Chinese knockoff but my cousin will really think it's cool. It don't matter to him just as long as it works.

Comment

Can you post a few picks of it?

Comment

Here's a picture of it. The other side just has the SRS logo on it and says Made in USA. That's also the side the left to right adjustment is on.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Property of trijicon part looks way fake to me.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                        Property of trijicon part looks way fake to me.
                        I wasn't exactly sure if the real deal had that written on it either.

Comment

Pretty sure it's fake by just looking at the pics on google. But might as well use it on something.

Comment

I figured it probably was but thought well heck it'd be awesome if it actually was a real one. My cousin already has a red dot on his .22 so for right now I have it sitting on a Remington 887 Tactical. It made the gun noticeably heavier but it looks kinda cool. Might turn out to be a pretty sweet predator/hog huntin shotgun.

Comment

Working...
                            X