Boat battery recommendations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boat battery recommendations.

Im about to replace both of my boat batteries and am asking for advice on which ones to get. With so many different types, i.e. sealed, gel, lead acid, deep cycle, starting, etc etc, it gets confusing. I run a dual battery setup on my 22 foot carolina skiff that has a suzuki 140a outboard on it. Need to do it soon, because i want to go out and play next saturday. Thnx in advance.

Lithium Ion. 1 battery.

Comment

Get a Walmart battery. They all last the same so you mine as well go cheap and have a warranty that works anywhere 24/7

Comment

Originally posted by scott123456789 View Post
        Get a Walmart battery. They all last the same so you mine as well go cheap and have a warranty that works anywhere 24/7
        This

Comment

Trolling batteries or cranking batteries?

Comment

Cranking

Comment

Optima

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have an optima blue top in one of my boats. It's so old it bothers me. It works great, but it has lasted way longer than a boat battery should. It's almost 10 years old and has never been charged. It only sees seasonal use.

Comment

I kept buying batteries from academy but they would not hold charges longer than 6 months. I bought two bluetop optimas 32 or 34 I can't remember. I had two deep cycle batteries and a starting battery before the optimas, but these optimas have such high CCA I didn't even need a starting battery. It also helped me shed another 60lbs in the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cranking battery gets interstate, continental etc

Trollers I use exide from academy. I had Trojans and continental and get 2 years no matter the brand.

All are hooked to onboard charger

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Now go buy you some and get to fishing

Comment

Everstart from Wally World...

If dead set on buying a big name, Odyssey make a good marine battery. Continental too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome everyone. Thanks for all the info.

Comment

Originally posted by scott123456789 View Post
                            Yep

Comment

Just make sure they are 1000 cranking amp starting batteries. When you install them don’t use wing nuts. Use stainless steel hex nuts and tighten them with a wrench.

Comment

Working...
                              X