Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World-renowned physicist Stephen Hawking died today at age 76. He once said, "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark."

Comment

For those who don't think he contributed much, I'm pretty certain you wouldn't understand what he contributed, even if you read it. He helped those in the scientific community better understand how the universe works. And I'm pretty sure no one on this forum, nor 99.9% of the rest of the world can fathom the level of physics/math he worked with.

Comment

Sounds like he would have fit in here pretty good.

But he woulda got banned for awarding that one prize to the guy who proved him wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by locolonghorn View Post
          For those who don't think he contributed much, I'm pretty certain you wouldn't understand what he contributed, even if you read it. He helped those in the scientific community better understand how the universe works. And I'm pretty sure no one on this forum, nor 99.9% of the rest of the world can fathom the level of physics/math he worked with.
          It’s way higher than 99.9%

That’s 1/1000

Comment

Your right Encinal, probably should have added about six more 9s to that.

Comment

I ain't gonna judge a guy that was crippled for most of his life. That ain't my job anyway.

Sad deal. We all have a right to believe what we want to. It's not right for me to sit here and say he went to hell or any of that junk. I get up every morning without having to get in a wheelchair. If I did who's to say I wouldn't question God? Who's to say you wouldn't either?
              Last edited by okrattler; 03-15-2018, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                It’s way higher than 99.9%

That’s 1/1000
                Wait what?
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
                  but only The Lord Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life. no other can make that claim. none.

God scratches his head... "Hey Einstein...You forgot somebody"...

Comment

Shouldn't Christians be getting on here and praying that he made things right with God before he passed? Did God send you here as a messenger to tell internet land that Stephen Hawking is in hell? I kinda doubt it. Nobody really knows. If Stephen Hawking is the door greeter when you get to the pearly gates I hope I'm not far behind you. I'd love to see the look on your face.

Comment

He became very delusional the older he got. Global Warming advocate. Also politically motivated with alot of his statements.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                        Shouldn't Christians be getting on here and praying that he made things right with God before he passed? Did God send you here as a messenger to tell internet land that Stephen Hawking is in hell? I kinda doubt it. Nobody really knows. If Stephen Hawking is the door greeter when you get to the pearly gates I hope I'm not far behind you. I'd love to see the look on your face.
                        I do hope for this

Comment

When folks become disenfranchised with Christians that keep them further away from God, you can thank people like monsterspike and Johnny44. It's not always what you say, but how you say it. We should mourn for those lost souls, not boast gleefully that someone burns in hell. I can't imagine Jesus would have cared to hang out with you two for very long. Just sad.

I'm a Christian and I know there will be people in heaven that acted on earth like monsterspike and Johnny44....i mean grace is a huge thing. I just hope Heaven is big enough that I don't have be around them to watch them gloat about who gets in and who doesn't.

I hope this sounded civil because I had to retype it three times to keep from getting sent to the cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                            When folks become disenfranchised with Christians that keep them further away from God, you can thank people like monsterspike and Johnny44. It's not always what you say, but how you say it. We should mourn for those lost souls, not boast gleefully that someone burns in hell. I can't imagine Jesus would have cared to hang out with you two for very long. Just sad.

I'm a Christian and I know there will be people in heaven that acted on earth like monsterspike and Johnny44....i mean grace is a huge thing. I just hope Heaven is big enough that I don't have be around them to watch them gloat about who gets in and who doesn't.

I hope this sounded civil because I had to retype it three times to keep from getting sent to the cooler.
                            I agree and think your post is ok... but you might want to grab a jacket just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
                              I agree and think your post is ok... but you might want to grab a jacket just in case.
                              I've been thrown out of better places than this.

Comment

Working...
                              X