Serving on cable by the cam on a Matthews DXT issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my DXT the cable that goes into the cam the serving is seperating, when it seperates i push it back together, the bow is tuned and shooting great is there a simple fix to this without affecting my tuning or accuracy, i can use my recurve but i feel more comfortable at 25 with compound my max distance hunting wise with a recurve is 15 yards

Both my DXT and Outback do the same thing, regardless of what strings/cables I use. My guy says just push the servings back together and wax them. Read somewhere to wax heavily and then heat gently with hair dryer to melt the wax so it penetrates. Seems to me that the wax lube qualities might help a bit too.

Comment

Does it look like this
      From my z7x winners choice strings less that a year old...

Edit you said cam this is in the roller...
      Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381959105.744146.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	24255952

Comment

I've had it on my Z7 and was told it was normal for Mathews bows...I bought a Korbin string shortly after and had them put it on...

Comment

I would not suggest heating your string with a blow dryer. The strands will weaken if they get overheated. Also the dirt sticks to the wax, and it will cause extra abrasive surfaces inside the string where you cannot see the wear.

Just push it back down, and let it be. You will be fine, and your bow will not jump out of tune.

Comment

there is a sticky on the Mathews site about this problem inherent to many Mathews bows. both the outback and z7x I had did it and I fixed them using the super glue method mentioned in their tech tip. but now that I shoot better strings I have not had the issue on my switchback.

Comment

Serve over the seperation with dental floss. I have had this last 2 or 3 years.

Comment

Thank you men, i pushed the seperation back and served with dental floss sure isnt the prettiest job wasnt really sure how to serve other then alternating knots wrap a few turns and tie a knot again the actual string was in great shape i alls i had was white dental floss so i took a magic marker and painted it black the string is red i hope this helps protect i wrapped it snug and tied enou knots i shouldnt have any issues. it sure beats taken it on a 40 mile round trip to the bow shop and pay the 8.00 to get it served.

Comment

It will work fine. You probably won't notice any difference in impact point, and will last as long as string.

Comment

Push the serving up, the tie a over hand knot below 8 are 10, end it with a square knot and you prob is fixed.. If you do not know how to do a over hand knot just do some looking on Youtube ..

Comment

thanks pigsticker i see we live close, i got it fixed

Comment

recurring problem with Mathews.

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                        there is a sticky on the Mathews site about this problem inherent to many Mathews bows. both the outback and z7x I had did it and I fixed them using the super glue method mentioned in their tech tip. but now that I shoot better strings I have not had the issue on my switchback.
                        I had the same problem with my S2 and DXT but problem is "better" now that I have switched strings. It could be the Barracuda servings and not necessarily a Mathews problem. I re-served my S at that point and used superglue and it solved the problem as well.

Comment

Working...
                        X