This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 College Football - Summer News and Discussion

Let's keep the trash talk out of this one.
    My Flickr Photos

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Let's keep the trash talk out of this one.
    You know what they say about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Comment

Ha, I clicked on this thinking it was the baseball thread. Carry on.

78 days

Comment

Can't get here fast enough.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          Can't get here fast enough.

I think we should both be back in that 15-20 range myself, new faces in some places.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
            I think we should both be back in that 15-20 range myself, new faces in some places.
            As always it will sort itself out. We'll find out in week two about both. Losses aren't the end of the world in those games though. Especially for A&M. Clemson is just on another level right now.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
              You know what they say about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
              LMAO! Hurry up 8/29/19!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                As always it will sort itself out. We'll find out in week two about both. Losses aren't the end of the world in those games though. Especially for A&M. Clemson is just on another level right now.

Yep yep, only benefit is we catch them early and they usually start a tad slow, just hoping we cover the spread personally.

LSU is going to be tough, because they finally have a QB with some moxy who can play. Going to be a battle of strengths. LSU D vs Texas O, but I'd have to say I think their O will be clicking better than a Texas D who lost 8 starters. We will see though that's why they play the game.

Comment

You know who got a lot better throughout the season and may play a critical role in the coming season as his cousin did in 2018. The punter. [emoji15]

Speaking of lost starters, Gary Johnson was cut yesterday.

As for the leftovers on defense:
                  Caden Sterns was a stud True Freshman, played in and started the first 13 games of the season.
                  Jalen Green played in 11 games as a True Freshman.
                  Anthony Cook played in 14 games as a True Freshman including time at corner in the Sugar.
                  Chris Brown a fourth year, played in all 14 games last year, 25 games total.
                  Brandon Jones a fourth year, started 10 games in 2018 with 23 total starts.
                  Jeffrey McCulloch a fourth year, played in 14 with 6 starts in 2018, played in 36 games to date.
                  BJ Foster played in 13 games with 6 starts as a True Freshman.
                  Josh Thompson a third year, has played in 22 games with 3 starts.
                  Caleb Johnson Highly coveted JUCO LB just transferred in.
                  Demarvion Overshown played in 9 games as a True Freshman.
                  Malcolm Roach a fourth year, has played in 34 games with 11 starts
                  Jacoby Jones JUCO DL transfer
                  Kobe Boyce a RS third year, has played in 6 games with 2 starts.
                  Montrell Estell a RS third year, has played in 10 games.
                  Ayodele Adeoye played in four games as a True Freshman, retaining his RS.
                  Marqez Bimage a third year, has played in 21 games.
                  Joseph Ossai played in 14 games with 2 starts as a True Freshman.
                  Ta'quon Graham a third year has played in 26 games with 2 starts.
                  D'andre Christmas-Giles a fourth year, has played in 19 games.
                  Jamari Chisholm a third year JUCO transfer played in 14 games in 2018.
                  Gerald Wilbon a fourth year, has played in 33 games with 1 start.
                  Moro Ojomo played in 3 games as a True Freshman.
                  Keondre Coburn played in 3 games as a True Freshman.

At least they are not, "wet behind the ears". That's not mentioning any of last years red shirts
                  or true freshman that will get playing time.

Texas lost Hager, Omenihu and Nelson in the trenches, Gary Johnson and Wheeler at Linebacker, Boyd and Davis at Corner and Locke at Safety.

With Jones and Foster, Locke is a wash.
                  With Thompson, Boyce, Cook and Green they should be alright at corner.

I honestly think they'll be better at DE without Hager.

They have 3 senior and 2 RS DT's the thinnest position on the team, but all they lost was Nelson.

The starting defense will probably look something like this.

DE - Roach
                  NT- Coburn
                  DE - Graham
                  B Backer - Ossai
                  MLB - Adeoyo
                  Rover - McCulloch
                  Boundary CB - Cook
                  CB - Green
                  S - Sterns
                  SS - Jones
                  Nickel - Thompson
                  Joker - Foster
                  Last edited by Chad C; 06-14-2019, 10:59 AM.

Comment

I'm excited to see how Jake Spavital does in his first year at Texas State. Hopefully he can take us to a bowl game eventually. Very first game against the Aggies this year will be brutal though lol
                    Last edited by NimbleNavigator; 06-14-2019, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Hager... That was a great graduation for y’all.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                        Hager... That was a great graduation for y’all.
                        Never understood why he was put as the face of the program, people would say he's a beast, but he was JAG. That one really baffled me.

Comment

Never understood why he was put as the face of the program, people would say he's a beast, but he was JAG. That one really baffled me.
                          He had some moments his junior year. Senior year not so much. At one point it looked like he could be successful coming off the edge. It didn't pan out.

Comment

Look like Tarzan played like Jane. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                              Look like Tarzan played like Jane. LOL!
                              Two posts.....both anti Texas player.

Please read what the boss asked.

Comment

Working...
                              X