When is everyone planting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When is everyone planting?

The last good rain at our place in East TX was Labor Day weekend.

I was planning to put some seed in the ground this weekend but am second guessing myself with the depressing amount of moisture in the forecast. I might end up planting the first weekend of season... Or later...

Looks like 20% everyday next week for us...we waited and glad we did.

Thinking about planting this Sunday with temps in 90's winding down and lows dropping below 68.

Comment

Tractors are all tied up with hay right now, so it will probably be opening weekend.

Comment

I planted the last weekend in August, just because I knew I was going to be short on time. We got a 2" rain that next week and plots look great, but need another rain soon. If not I'll broadcast again right before a rain.

Comment

I'll plant this weekend. Rain in the forecast next week.

Comment

We are planting this weekend in Lovelady.

Comment

I got the buck forage oats in the ground last week. I need it to rain now!

Comment

Planted about a week ago, hopefully we get rain soon.

Comment

With the time we have, we are going to be planting opening weekend and the week after.

Comment

We planted last weekend. Got 3/4" on it the same day. Hopefully we can get a shower or two in the next few days.

Comment

Planted last weekend in the dust bowl. Still have dirty boogers.

Comment

Planted last weekend with no rain. It was dusty dry. I don't think my seeds will do anything until they get moisture. Hopefully that will come soon, and then come steady.

Comment

Yall don't have a problem with crows and dove eating a lot of your seed when it is so dry?

Comment

Originally posted by Plan B View Post
                            Yall don't have a problem with crows and dove eating a lot of your seed when it is so dry?

Just plant a little heavier. Last year those next two weeks made for some great dove hunting.

Comment

Gonna wait and see if this front they are forecasting for next week verifies. If so I'll try and plant a day or two before its arrival.

Last year I planted opening day of bow season.

The days are rapidly becoming shorter and the avg temps are getting slightly cooler with every week that passes. The anticipation of fall for me is one of the many joys in life!

Comment

Working...
                              X