Need opinion on feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need opinion on feeder

Ok guys I'm building a protein feeder and want opinions on if I should use nails on the side of the feeder or just the top .
    Thanks
    Jeremy
    Attached Files

Pic

Attached Files

Comment

I don't get it.......

Comment

Critter detterant or hellraiser attractant?

Comment

Keeps the squirrels and coons off the feeder to save $$ on protein buddy.

Comment

I don't think they will help. Design the leg angles steep enough and far enough out and u won't have problems

Comment

I'm going with working, maybe shorter ones would be best but anything sliding down or trying to jump on will not like it. Nice thinking

Comment

Those nails better be sharp.

Comment

They will just use them as handles to hang over the edge to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythitman View Post
                    Tried the Boss Buck shark teeth. Just gave 'em more traction. Get the legs out far enough that they can't climb onto your spout as mentioned above. JMO

Comment

Sleeve the regular feeder legs with pvc pipe, that'll stop the critter problems.

Comment

Nothing fancy

Nothing fancy but I'm on a budget hopefully it'll get the job done

Comment

just talk some of the electrical gooroos on this form to sketch up the circuitry on how to make a solar powered battery back up light voltage taser to attach to the feeder so when the critters touch it that it will give them a jolt such as an electrical cattle fence, that will work better than nails and if you put a camera on it in video mode you can share the laughs with all of us. or just spray the feeder legs with pam cooking spray and put a camera there, I did it on the poles to our bird feeders in the yard and got a lot of laughs watching the squirrels try to climb the poles.

Comment

if the tube is at proper height and high enough off the ground you don't need anything as they cant reach it

Comment

Originally posted by hoythitman View Post
                              Yup... what you have given coons is what they call footholds. they will thank you for them.

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                              Tried the Boss Buck shark teeth. Just gave 'em more traction. Get the legs out far enough that they can't climb onto your spout as mentioned above. JMO
                              X2

Originally posted by bronco611 View Post
                              sketch up the circuitry on how to make a solar powered battery back up light voltage taser to attach to the feeder so when the critters touch it that it will give them a jolt such as an electrical cattle fence,
                              What will keep it from shocking the deer?

PVC, Pam, Grease are all short term fixes. Eventually the PVC gets scratched enough the crits can crawl up it, the pam, vaseline, grease, will wear off eventually.

Move the legs out far enough (16-18inches) from the tube so they cant reach it from the legs. Keep it off the ground far enough so they cant jump on it. Eventually they find a way though. Ive seen coons ride on the back of pigs to reach it... lol but this keeps them from just setting on the tube and eating it all.

You're wasting your time with nails.

Comment

Working...
                              X