X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Sunday)

Daily Bible Portion – 1 of 7
    "AFTER THE DEATH"

(Weekly Reading>>Leviticus 16:1-18:30, Ezekiel 22:1-16, Hebrews 9:6-28, Romans 3:19-28; 9:30-10:13, 1 Corinthians 5:1-13, 2 Corinthians 2:1-11; 14-17)

The book of Leviticus teaches us how to dwell in Christ Jesus, The Messiah, and the embodied life of the heavenly realm. When heaven and earth meet there is the Kingdom of Heaven and the Glory/Presence of God. Jesus is the Spirit Life in the tabernacle. When the tabernacle in us is constructed, according to God's Word and plan, Jesus dwells there. He is the Word of God made flesh in us (John 1:1,14). Without the Spirit Life of the Messiah there is no life in our earthly tabernacle(bodies). When the Spirit of God dwells in our midst the tabernacle is set in motion (Numbers 10:11-12). Many have prayed for God to use them and are awaiting the fulfillment of this hope. The book of Leviticus contains a vital building block of understanding that fulfills His Glory on earth today (Ezekiel 43:10-12, 1Corinthians 3:16; Hebrews 5).

Leviticus 16:1 to 18:30

Leviticus teaches believers how to walk as priests in God's rule on earth and how to bring our freewill offerings daily before Him. This walk keeps our heart clean and free of spiritual and physical contamination as we fulfill the walk of our redemption.

In Leviticus God is teaching us how to have life in the temple and dwell in His presence. He has taught what makes believers ritually clean and ritually unclean. His Scripture is also teaching believers about unholy practices, those that separate us physically and spiritually from Him. These can include inappropriate associations, contaminating thoughts and unacceptable talk. Chapter 16 of Leviticus is the clarification of holiness and how to walk in it daily, weekly, monthly and yearly as a lifestyle. It is not about salvation; it is about temple maintenance, our temple maintenance – our bodies, for without holiness no one will see God. This is not about perfection. We are complete at salvation however to have wholeness and eternal life it is about the pursuit of holiness and His righteousness through obedience to the Word spoken by Jesus at Mount Sinai (John 5:46-47).

Hebrews 12:14 "Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see Yahweh."

John 14:14-15, 21 "If you ask anything in My name, I will do it. If you love Me, keep My commandments. He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."

The Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur)

(Leviticus 16)

On the Day of Atonement, God had Aaron wash in a baptism for change of status and dress in white linen clothing before ministering in the tabernacle. First Aaron was to sacrifice a bull for his own transgressions and those of his household. Then he took the burning coals from the brazen altar and two handfuls of fragrant incense and walked into the tabernacle placing the incense on the altar of incense. Some of the bull's blood was then taken behind the veil and sprinkled seven times on the atonement (mercy) cover, which was over the Ark. Afterward the priest selected two goats for the Israelite community. The first goat was for the sin offering. Some of its blood was also taken behind the curtain and sprinkled on the atonement cover seven times. Then Aaron took some of the bull's blood and some of the first goat's blood and put it on the horns of the altar of incense, sprinkling it seven times to cleanse and consecrate the altar from the uncleanness of the Israelites (Leviticus 16:3-19).

The veil can be likened to our hearts. Our physical heart is encased in a sack, which is represented by the veil. Behind the veil, our hearts are made of two main chambers, just as the tabernacle is made of two chambers. The priest was to sprinkle the blood behind the veil. When Jesus died, His heart was torn in two likened to renting the veil. His blood was sprinkled behind the veil before the altar in heaven, as Jesus serves as the High Priest of the heavenly tabernacle. At the exact moment of His death the veil in the earthly Temple was torn in half from top to bottom showing us what took place in the Heavenly realm. The blood of Christ is to be sprinkled on our hearts (the altar), thus changing our status from unclean to clean. This enables His principles/commandments to now be written on hearts of flesh. His blood burns off the dross in us (likened to the firing process of refining gold) and enables the true Light of this world, Jesus, to be the flame that is kept burning in our hearts forever.

Jesus's blood has also opened a way for us to have consecrated hearts in His presence. Before His sacrifice the blood of animals could only cover our sins, not take them away. In a more excellent way this is what the blood of Christ does in our hearts. With His perfect sacrifice no other sacrifices are needed again. His perfect blood provided atonement and opened our hearts to receive His deliverance from the sins of our past that held us back from life in Him. He has opened the way for us that we might choose to walk in the redemption now offered to us. The way into His presence is still the same: through obedience to His Word. (Hebrews 8:1, 8:8-10; Jeremiah 31:31-34)

Matthew 3:11 John said, "I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me will come one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not fit to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire."

Hebrews 10:16-22 "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says Yahweh: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them, then He adds, 'Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.' Now where there is remission of these, there is no longer an offering for sin. Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus/Yeshua, by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh, and having a High Priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water".(Leviticus 16; Jeremiah 31:31-34; Hebrews 8:8-10)

Leviticus 16:16 "And he shall make atonement for the holy place, because of the impurities of the sons of Israel, and because of their transgressions, in regard to all their sins; and thus he shall do for the tent of meeting which abides with them in the midst of their impurities."

When the priest finished, they made atonement for the Most Holy Place, the Tent of Meeting and the Altar of Incense (Leviticus 16:20).

continues tomorrow...
Working...
X