X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season one was entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      I really enjoyed the book. I went into watching the series with lowered expectations but was pleasantly surprised for the most part. There are definitely some scenes I did not remember from the book (a gay bar in Austin circa 1917?) overall I think it is pretty good. At least they filmed it in Texas. A lot of those old Texas movies were filmed in California or Monument Valley Arizona. The rest of the country may not know the difference but those of us who live in Texas do.
      The wide shot of Packsadle was an especially nice touch.

Comment

Season 2 just started. Anyone catch it? I have it recorded to watch after I binge GOT.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
          I really enjoyed the book. I went into watching the series with lowered expectations but was pleasantly surprised for the most part. There are definitely some scenes I did not remember from the book (a gay bar in Austin circa 1917?) overall I think it is pretty good. At least they filmed it in Texas. A lot of those old Texas movies were filmed in California or Monument Valley Arizona. The rest of the country may not know the difference but those of us who live in Texas do.
          I still need to watch it... only so I can see the scenes that were filmed on my old lease (while I was still on it.)

Comment

I'd like to catch up on it when I have time....but, Pierce Brosnan??

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              Haha, I had the same thoughts. He's actually pretty good though.

Comment

I liked season 1. Cant wait for season 2. Waiting on season 2 of Yellowstone too. Seems that they have similar plot lines, but different centuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  He’s surprising good in it. He fits the part well.

Comment

I had just about given up on there being a season 2. Guess I’ll be watching this as well.

Comment

Good show

Comment

Working...
                      X