No announcement yet.

Racing Canoe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talked to a friend of mine tonight about this. He has cnc mills with beds large enough to cut these. I'll get all the programming done on my laptop and figure out a day to go cut them. This will make it very easy.

Comment

This is first... Following

Comment

I've been too busy at my shop to get much done on the roughing out of the mdf forms so I've worked at home on my CAD system.

I have the geometry the way I want it for CNC machining the forms.

Here are stations +1 to +14

Stations master to -11

All stations

I'm really hoping to have these all completed by the Jan 1 but that will remain to be seen. Every year, my job is crazy during the month of December. Sorry that the pics aren't better. The screen shots don't seem to come out that great. The next pics will be when we start machining so stay tuned....

Comment

Last edited by homegrown; 12-04-2013, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Looking good. Good call on the CNC cutting your forms. Save time and produce a better product. Can't wait to see it come together for ya!

HG

Comment

Its seems really good and shows your true effort,, I'm excited to see the complete stuff!!

Comment

That cad programing you did is way over my head..

Comment

this is gonna be cool!

Comment

Greetings again after falling off the map with this project. Work, life, and other projects have been absolutely insane and I haven't done anything on this for a while. My cnc router build is stalled right now due to work, so I'm going to get to my friend's shop in the next couple of weeks to cut out my stations on his large mill. Once those are cut we'll start rocking and rolling on this build. The end goal is to paddle it in the 2015 Texas Water Safari. I paddled my solo canoe in a race this past weekend and my back totally gave out. Not only do I have a boat to build, but I need to build my body also. Progress should start soon and pics to come along with each step. I wanted to go ahead and put this back on the radar so it will keep me motivated to get on it and get it done.

Comment

Can't wait to see!

Comment

Got to my friend's shop today where he has a large mill and we were very productive.

I have the bow and stern profiles left, but I'll do those on one of my mills. Not sure if I'll get to them this week as I'm slammed at work and they'll probably be tied up. I'll start working with the forms I have and mounting them on the strongback until then.

Comment

There is are a lot of long races all over the country every year, several hundred miles. Seems carbon would be the ticket for weight?

Nice build!

Comment

Whatever happened here Jeff? (Cleaning up my subscribed folder)

Comment

Chris...still in the background but not in a hurry. My personal life logistics leave no time for training. We bought a Kevlar canoe to train in and get out once in awhile. I sold my strong back so I'll need to make another one when the time is right. Prob another year out from building.

Comment

Nice job Following

Comment

Working...
                                X