The 90 and the 45

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 90 and the 45

Here's a tip - if you have the correct draw length and you are anchored properly there should be a 90 degree angle from peep to eye to nock point. Your release hand knuckles should be at 45 degrees from the nock point.

This is Ms. Crystal Gauvin, who finished 2nd in the Women's Freestyle Unlimited class in Las Vegas this weekend. The lady behind her is Erika Jones.
    Attached Files

Great, how am I going to check my angles at full draw?

Comment

wouldn't your knuckle placement be different if you are using a finger release? I think the angle would vary based upon each person's holding preference.

Comment

Mirror. Selfie? Friend?

Comment

Originally posted by doppelganger View Post
          wouldn't your knuckle placement be different if you are using a finger release? I think the angle would vary based upon each person's holding preference.

Yes probably.

Comment

And that would also differ if someone's anchor point is different.

Comment

Originally posted by Csmith52779 View Post
              but based on this the nock should be below the eye to make the 90 degree angle from the nock to the eye to the peep

Comment

I would bet that among the TBH brethren, that at least 75% would have a Peep-eye-nock angle greater than 90 degrees, as everyone knows longer draw length means more speed.

Comment

I know nothing but would agree the 90 is important but the 45 is probably just a byproduct of your release type.... Congrats to your girl!

Comment

Originally posted by doppelganger View Post
                    but based on this the nock should be below the eye to make the 90 degree angle from the nock to the eye to the peep
                    Yes, correct draw length will make the nock 90 degrees down from the eye to peep line - if the peep is set properly, too.

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                    I would bet that among the TBH brethren, that at least 75% would have a Peep-eye-nock angle greater than 90 degrees, as everyone knows longer draw length means more speed.
                    I'm hoping you are saying that tongue in cheek. too long of a draw equates to poor shot groups. But, yes, I agree most people I see have a DL that is too long and they wonder why they can't put together a consistent small group at 30 or 40 yards, much less 60 or 80 yards.

Funny thing I've noticed - most men have DL too long and most women have DL too short.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                      Yes, correct draw length will make the nock 90 degrees down from the eye to peep line - if the peep is set properly, too.

I'm hoping you are saying that tongue in cheek. too long of a draw equates to poor shot groups. But, yes, I agree most people I see have a DL that is too long and they wonder why they can't put together a consistent small group at 30 or 40 yards, much less 60 or 80 yards.

Funny thing I've noticed - most men have DL too long and most women have DL too short.
                      Probably because some are trying to keep something a little further down out of the way.

Comment

Randy - if they would lengthen their DL, those wouldn't be in the way. Trust me, I know about this one.

Comment

But Dusty! with more speed they can miss-em-faster.

Comment

Originally posted by old killer View Post
                            But Dusty! with more speed they can miss-em-faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Csmith52779 View Post

You should adjust your anchor point to your draw length. Make sure the draw length is correct first. A lot of people shoot to long a draw length

Comment

Working...
                              X