Fishing Boat suggestion for pond (small lake) for three people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fishing Boat suggestion for pond (small lake) for three people

Any suggestions for a boat that has comfortable seating for 3 people that's small for pond use ???

14-16 ft Jon boat

Comment

Originally posted by TxHunter06 View Post
      14-16 ft Jon boat
      I would like some type of manufactured boat that was more like the 2-man boats that have the comfortable seating but in a 3-person. I can't locate any options like that.

Comment

Go buy a couple of 'Yaks.

Comment

Look for an older Lone Star. I have a 1970 14ft, and it has 3 bench seats, perfect for me and two of my kids. I could actually fit all three of my kids in the boat with me and still fish since my daughter is a lefty (two in middle seat fishing on opposite sides of the boat). I've got a 6hp on mine, but for a small pond you could very easily get away with just using a 30-50lb trolling motor.

Comment

Jon boat is the way to go. We use those 5 gallon buckets with spin top lids to sit on. We can fish 3 ok and 2 comfortably in our 14'. Get a 16' if you're going to have 3 folks all the time, a 14' if 2 folks majority of the time. We even put 4 people in it when we run lines on the brazos, so don't even worry about that weight limit. By the time we put us 4, a cooler of beer or two, all our fish and motor, we exceed that weight limit by a LONG shot and it still does just fine.

Comment

16ft john boat is perfect for that capacity. And if your wanting comfortable seating you can by seats that mount on the benches.

Comment

Originally posted by TxHunter06 View Post
                14-16 ft Jon boat
                What he said

Comment

Working...
                X