Let’s get nasty! Beans in Chili Prove me wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raleigh View Post
    Moser, let’s have that conversation later. Keep to the script young man.

No need, I have exhausted my knowledge of martinis in my previous post.[emoji1360][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
      I for one hate beans in chili. Wife loves kidney beans in it when she cooks it. I pick the dam beans out. But I will cook a pot of red beans (pinto beans for y’all city folk lol) and combine the two.

Beans have no place in chili because Jesus said so. And this is Texas.

You should convince your wife to switch the kidneys to pintos.. I'm not a huge kidney bean fan but i will certainly eat them.

Comment

If your chili doesn't have beans it's just tomato soup.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          I'm surprised there weren't beans in my cereal...seems 'foreign' to cook without.

I hear ya. No beans in the cereal was because they were saving them back to put in the chili.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

They should absolutely be served in chili!!! I have a hard time deciding which types are the best! Sorry, no help....

Comment

Always put pintos in my chili.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Has TBH had a chili cook off. I think it’s time so it could be settled, Beans or no beans. I suggest a couple judges that don’t really care and that won’t swing one way or the other just eat good chili. I have no problem holding it at my place or whatever we come up with. I’m thinking cash prizes and ammo for the top 3 winners. What ever we can come up with. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
                  Kidney beans for the win.
                  This!

Comment

No beans! Why? Because of tradition that why. That’s the way drovers coming up the trail ate Chili con carne and that’s how I’ll eat it. I prefer old school and tradition.
                    Heck, next thing you know folks will be putting ketchup on burgers, mayonnaise on french fries and cooking briskets in the oven. What’s this world coming to.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                      No beans! Why? Because of tradition that why. That’s the way drovers coming up the trail ate Chili con carne and that’s how I’ll eat it. I prefer old school and tradition.
                      How do you know they didn’t put beans in it? It’s more likely they did than didnt.

Maybe we should ark Burn a dill...

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        How do you know they didn’t put beans in it? It’s more likely they did than didnt.

Just going by the original recipes but your right, we should probably ask Randy for his first hand experience. Heck, he showed Goodnght and Loving which trail to use.

Comment

Beans vs no beans is played out while some of y'all are eating bowls of hot dog garnish.

Cubed meat is required for real chili

Comment

Oh boy...
                            Ok I’ll bite...

“Chili” is short for CHILI CON CARNE & “chili” con carne does not have beans...

It’s why even today there isn’t a single nationally recognized/sanctioned chili competition that allows fillers; beans nor pasta...

With beans, it’s chili con carne CON FRIJOLES....

Comment

This is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Id bet they didn’t....
                                They would have carried dry beans with them on the trail, not canned...
                                The dry beans would have taken longer to cook than the chili itself & tasted like rocks...

How many of those who put beans in their chili, do so without using canned precooked beans?

Comment

Working...
                                X