Cicada have moved in tonight!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cicada have moved in tonight!!

The tree outside the living room is loaded down with them and making all kinda noise . Does anyone know how to drive them away?

water hose...

Comment

Originally posted by BigCntry View Post
      The tree outside the living room is loaded down with them and making all kinda noise . Does anyone know how to drive them away?
      The copperheads will do that for you.

Oh! Watch out for copperheads.

Comment

Yes get the water hose.

God Bless

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          water hose...

I'm fixing to go outside and try that they are about to drive me crazy. I've already tried shooting a gun that didn't work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Chainsaw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Raid

Comment

Fire

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                  The copperheads will do that for you.

Oh! Watch out for copperheads.
                  This is a fact. Copperheads will come specifically to those trees with cicadas to feed. My neighbor killed 11 in one night this time last year.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                    This is a fact. Copperheads will come specifically to those trees with cicadas to feed. My neighbor killed 11 in one night this time last year.
                    Arthritis and back pain means I have frequent episodes of insomnia. One night, I was channel surfing and caught an episode of "Texas Parks & Wildlife" on the TV about this. Some guy in Texas was killing bunches of copperheads in his yard every night. He finally called TPWD and they sent a biologist to investigate. Yep, cicadas. Seems the snakes were attracted to the cicadas that were molting, and became their food source. The cicadas seemed to attract all sizes of copperheads from young and small, to more mature and large.

Instead of killing them, the biologists started capturing the snakes for research. Turns out that something in their venom seems to prevent cancerous tumors from growing. Coincidentally, the landowner had recently lost a relative to cancer, so now, he is an avid capturer of copperheads, rather than a killer of same.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Working...
                    X