No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nothing ever showed. pulled cards, it looks like I am starting to get some movement every few days in the morning around 9 and evenings around 5. nothing consistent. gonna try again tomorrow. If I wasnt seeing deer every night on the GC, I would probably move...

Comment

BTW, the coons arent missing a meal.
      I have 8-10 of them chowing down every night.

Comment

Same thing happened on my spot too. Deer came out randomly and occasionally a new face showed up, then went away forever.

Only consistent visitors are coons, lots of coons. The camera also captured few rabbits, fox, and coyote.

Comment

In the stand again. 68 degrees wind is swirling. What happened to winter??? Feeder went off, and then a gunshot from the neighbors property.
          Last edited by 1elkaholic2; 12-01-2012, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Well it finally happened! About 730 two does came in. I spilled some corn when I was hand Corning this morning so of course they stopped to eat that. After about ten minutes, one stepped out turned and that was that. Doe down!

Comment

[ATTACH]426687[/ATTACH][ATTACH]426688[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by 1elkaholic2 View Post
                [ATTACH]426687[/ATTACH][ATTACH]426688[/ATTACH]
                Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by 1elkaholic2 View Post
                  Well it finally happened! About 730 two does came in. I spilled some corn when I was hand Corning this morning so of course they stopped to eat that. After about ten minutes, one stepped out turned and that was that. Doe down!
                  Congrats brother! I bet that one is good eatin'

Comment

Great Job.
                    I finally had a deer come in this morning as well. Only it was a spike. bout 2 yr old spike.

Darn those tags!!
                    On a good note...it seems that they are moving more during daylight. I have pics on my game camera of a legal buck during the early morning!!!
                    Darn those tags!!

Comment

Great job! Was this around tejas?

Comment

yes it was. I also heard two gun shots from pasture above us. Maybe they are starting to move around.

Comment

Congrats! I've been hand dumping corn, and they are devouring 50lbs in less than 2 days. If I put out corn the day before I hunt, I have deer coming in everytime, right at dark, led by 2 nubbins that seem to block all the legal does. I put out corn this evening(not a kernel on the ground from the last dump on Monday), but nothing came in. I hiked the North end of the lake today from Hogg to Russell and saw several does starting to move after 4:30.

Comment

What is last day we can hunt out there?

I've let mine dry up for a while....they where only coming out late.

Going to start up again this Thursday and hunt it in two weeks.

Comment

last day is same as last day of season (including late season for Spikes and Does)...something like the 3rd weekend in Jan?

Comment

I thought I remembered hearing Jan 28th

Comment

Working...
                                X