No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a weird question what if more than 2 bucks are shot?!

Comment

This is a possible situation. I guess the extra buck can use hunter's own tag.

Comment

Anyone out there right now or going later?

Comment

I am should be good at 430

Comment

or so I thought still real windy nada so far

Comment

Crazy afternoon. Met some folks in the parking lot that were terrified when I hopped out in camo. Calmed them down and explained the hunting situation at Lake G. They started their hike smiling, without fear, and actually said "Good Luck" when they headed out. Sitting in my blind and just before 5PM an old weimaraner comes into the corn and hikes its leg, then the owner comes wandering through after(I'm 200+ yds from any trail and nearly 2 miles from closest parking). I expressed my disgust and they wandered off into the brush-wth! I assumed nothing would happen after this incident when does start filing in from everywhere at 5:30. It was like a school of fish. I never had a clear shot on a single one-they were all stacked up. I actually hoped that a buck would come in after them. I left the blind in the dark at 6:30 and there were still some hanging around. Only buck was the same twin fork I've seen all year. I hope this pack sticks around and I get some shot opportunities.

Comment

I did not see anything, stayed until dark. ~~

Comment

Same Here. I saw an eight point that had a broken beam Saturday morning but that was it all weekend. They are all coming at night for me right now. STINKS!

Comment

My email is down for the moment, do you guys know if there are still 2 buck tags?

Comment

Originally posted by anchorman View Post
                      My email is down for the moment, do you guys know if there are still 2 buck tags?
                      No email from Stacey.

Comment

Originally posted by jmaustin View Post
                        Same Here. I saw an eight point that had a broken beam Saturday morning but that was it all weekend. They are all coming at night for me right now. STINKS!
                        Was it like this last year?

Comment

My kids were back behind Russell and said a guy shot a spike that they were looking for. I just started seeing some different deer around the house and two bucks that I have never seen. One is a three point that has about 16 inch beams that Im gonna let the kids rifle shoot if he is around when one of them is home. The other is a 9 point that is impressive but he only comes around checking does.

Comment

Did the nine have dark brown horns Glen? U had a big, heavy nine point here at the house a couple days ago checking on my girls.

Comment

man i have a bit of a cold but want to go hunting, time to man up! ~

Comment

Any word on the 2 buck tags left? I have not received an email.

Comment

Working...
                                X