Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cy100 View Post
    I heard few stories of stealing from other hunters. Some hunting units have public traffic, try to setup away from public view.
    Oh, I plan to way out of public view... Sadly Im probably more worried about other hunters based on my experiences on other public land. I just dont want to loose any nice popups to a-holes. Didnt know how good or bad is is at G-town?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_ View Post
      Oh, I plan to way out of public view... Sadly Im probably more worried about other hunters based on my experiences on other public land. I just dont want to loose any nice popups to a-holes. Didnt know how good or bad is is at G-town?
      I'd rather to trust other hunters who will hunt with me at Lake G. I had conversations with more than 10 or 20 other hunters in past few years at Lake G. They are all very nice and honest.

However, I have experiences to meet some strangers in the field (at some remote, wild places), They were suspected. I am sure they were not hunters, at least not bow hunters. Then, why did they patrol in a wild land? Unfortunately, we cannot stop them to do so.

Comment

Hey!, I patrol the wild land in parks all the time!! I never take trails when I go to parks. Might as well walk on the trails around our subdivision. I always go on non hunted land or not during hunting season.

I'm pretty sure they post to keep on the trails during the season at Georgetown, so I know what you mean though. I'm sure there are visitors that "patrol" for other reasons then just exploring and having fun.

The best encounter I had was sitting in the tree and heard what I thought was a turkey in the distance. As it got closer i could tell there was something wrong. And finally got close enough that i could tell it was someone calling. Proceeded to hear two guys saying "hey there's a bike here??....it's chained to a tree". Luckily they decided to head the other direction. Maybe because turkey hunting would be illegal out there.
        Last edited by jmaustin; 08-14-2013, 01:54 PM.

Comment

This is the public land, so visitors are welcome. But, someone I encountered showed obvious nervous and hostility when I approached and said "hello" to him, since I was thinking he was another hunter in the begining. This was strange.

One of my buddy lost a nice mountain bicyle close to Tejas camp few years ago while fishing white bass. He tied the bike on a tree, then few hours later it was gone.

Comment

That stinks, and why I always chain mine up when hunting. My only loss so far was a trail camera a couple years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_ View Post
              Anyone had problems with people stealing or tearing up pop-up blinds out at Georgetown?
              I had my Primos taken last year, 2 weeks before the end of season. I was only 500-600 yds out of Tejas park. I guess I was lucky the year before, but then it was a cheap one. Maybe that was why they didn't take it. Good luck to all.

Comment

Originally posted by 05 gray ghost View Post
                I had my Primos taken last year, 2 weeks before the end of season. I was only 500-600 yds out of Tejas park. I guess I was lucky the year before, but then it was a cheap one. Maybe that was why they didn't take it. Good luck to all.
                That stinks. I built a security box out of an old ammo can and cabled it to a tree, hopefully nobody will even find it.

Comment

had my feeder dropped a few years back

and my camera stolen

Comment

Just to be clear we dont have to buy our public land hunter permit right?

Comment

We have paid $90 for a permit. Other than a regular Texas hunting license, no other fee or special license is required.

Comment

Sounds like it gets pretty crowed out there and with having to be 300ft off the Good Water trail seems like alot of area becomes not huntable. How hard on they about the 300ft rule?

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
                          Sounds like it gets pretty crowed out there and with having to be 300ft off the Good Water trail seems like alot of area becomes not huntable. How hard on they about the 300ft rule?
                          I think all questions will be answered Saturday.

I got an email today that to expect to be there a few hours.

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                            I think all questions will be answered Saturday.

I got an email today that to expect to be there a few hours.

Yea I saw that email too def need to have breakfast on sat to get me to lunch.

Comment

Picked up my hunting license and paid my $90 permit this afternoon.

I am set.

Stopping at El Taquito on the way up for breakfast tacos.

Comment

Does anyone recall from last year what areas were doe spike only.... I know it might be different this year just drew a blank on the areas from last year

Comment

Working...
                                X