Fraud in a fishing Tournament - Decker Lake Austin TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Horn chaser View Post
    Nope. His first name was Ryan. Last I heard he is a teacher in Texas somewhere now.
    Lovelace? I was in a regional tourney against him a few years ago he actually won, they DQ'd him the next day and took back his winnings after one of the other anglers protested he had been caught cheating before. Have no clue if he cheated in that tourney or not, but general rule some don't know is if you've ever been confirmed cheating your not eligible to compete again, ever.

Comment

If you ain’t cheating, you ain’t trying. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Prolly gonna end up with vest cams like officers have to wear!

With officers it ended up showing most were true blue and a LOT of people lie!

Comment

Originally posted by longhorn_cop View Post
          Did it ever give a name of the kayak cheatin fisherman?
          "TPWD says the fisherman, identified as Brent Taylor, 30, of West, Texas, submitted questionable photos of his catch to the tournament on Walter E. Long Lake"

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
            Lovelace? I was in a regional tourney against him a few years ago he actually won, they DQ'd him the next day and took back his winnings after one of the other anglers protested he had been caught cheating before. Have no clue if he cheated in that tourney or not, but general rule some don't know is if you've ever been confirmed cheating your not eligible to compete again, ever.
            That would be him.

Comment

Originally posted by Horn chaser View Post
              That would be him.
              Seems he just got caught again. This time captaining for a HS team on Texoma. Hopefully they get the charges to stick this time.

Comment

Interesting you bring up Ryan Lovelace. This came out today,,,,, Seems like he has a past history?

A man accused of fraud for violating the rules in a Texas high school fishing tournament is free on bond after his arrest.

Comment

trntms

sad deal... that is why I stopped fishing the highest speckled trout trmnts... spent my whole life and most of my $ figuring out big trout, with too much pride to hire a guide/network/or use live/dead bait....basically, the hard way..started fishing tournaments, and did surprisingly well..

one trnmt, while waiting for polygraph results/checks, the 2nd place team told us(1st place team) they would have finished 1st if they hadn't lost a big trout at x:31 time... I said, 'that's 29 minutes before legal fishing time!!!.. he said, 'it's just 29 minutes'.....I protested him every chance I got after that, and he ended up getting caught by the trnmt director...banned him for life..but..big BUT, other trnmts still let him fish, even though he has been caught doing some outrageous things over the years... the trnmts don't really care I think....just want the entry fee so they can take 10-15%

he still fishes them to this day... I've always heard he was a good fisherman, and didn't need to cheat...............

Comment

I fished Sharkathon on PINS a handful of years ago and, as I remember, the 1st place was disqualified for yaking out the bait that caught the big shark before the tournament began. I think they caught him by polygraph.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

That's cool you brought this back up

I fished Decker this morning

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                          That doesn't look remotely normal.

Comment

I fish kayak tourneys and the money is pretty minimal compared to the fine this guy is going to get.

Comment

I use to fish Ice Fishing Tourneys up north, I busted some guys that brought some huge "frozen" lake trout from some other lake early in the morning to let them thaw a bit before entering them. I happened to see them bringing the fish out of their truck and onto the ice. I turned them in, hate cheaters. I did win a nice Cabela's Moose print that day.

Comment

What am I missing here? They cheat and should be punished but to me that punishment should be within the sport, etc. Bans, fines, etc.

I'm not sure I agree with jail, fines, etc for cheating in a fishing tournament. To me that would be the same as using a loaded bat in a baseball/softball tournament and I can't imagine having the law involved in something like that. Or maybe more relevant, Barry Bonds being arrested for cheating in baseball. He maybe should have been arrested for illegal substances but not for cheating even in MLB...

Comment

Working...
                                X