% off MSRP of new vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

% off MSRP of new vehicle

So what is your idea(realistic) percentage off a new vehicle out the door?

24%!

Comment

Lol leave poor ol DD alone!

As someone in the market for a new truck, I'd be interested in what y'all have to say.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
        24%!
        Easy now, we cant all be like DD.

Comment

I bit my tongue and didn’t throw DapperDan out there but now that it’s out yeah send him a PM

Comment

I think it really boils down to brand of vehicle you’re buying. Some are more likely to come down a bit more than others. You’ll likely get less off of MSRP on a Toyota than a GM product.

With that being said, I usually aim to be in the ballpark of 20% off of msrp.

Comment

Lol, I should have known this wouldn’t have taken long. I have been searching but feel that they can do better than what I’m being quoted. The dealerships are sticking to that number also because I’m guessing that with low inventory on the lots around here they aren’t having any problems unloading pickups.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                24%!

Only on a new tundra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PhotonSlinger View Post
                  Lol, I should have known this wouldn’t have taken long. I have been searching but feel that they can do better than what I’m being quoted. The dealerships are sticking to that number also because I’m guessing that with low inventory on the lots around here they aren’t having any problems unloading pickups.
                  There’s no real number to shoot for in general. Each brand and each model is different. Hot sellers they don’t come off of as much as they do those that sit on the lot for a while. Tell us what you’re looking for and we can give a better idea.

Comment

Originally posted by PhotonSlinger View Post
                    Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                    There’s no real number to shoot for in general. Each brand and each model is different. Hot sellers they don’t come off of as much as they do those that sit on the lot for a while. Tell us what you’re looking for and we can give a better idea.

TX03RUBI is correct. Shoot us some more details on what you are looking for. Each vehicle down to the trim level is different.

Wife wanted a new car and stuck on a new Wrangler and I went back and forth a couple days and walked out about 12% off MSRP after TTL for a Sahara with the fancy roof, added tint, and blah blah.

Now if I was getting a new F150 in a XLT I would expect way more than 12% off MSRP. Change that to a Lariat then not expecting to walk out with as high off MSRP then a XLT.

Tons of variables
                    Last edited by 150class; 07-09-2020, 07:21 AM.

Comment

You can get more off on a vehicle that has been on the lot awhile. I custom ordered a ford truck, and could only get them down to around 10% of MSRP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This right here. When we bought my wife’s new Toyota the salesman flat out said on certain models they don’t offer lower prices and only SOME incentives because they sell so well they don’t need to bargain. Other vehicles had better incentives and workable prices.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Markup to dealer is 4-10% depending on the model. Full size trucks and SUVs have the most. THen there are consumer rebates. These also vary widely, based on model and time of year. Then there are dealer incentives. These you will never know about, and are often paid end of quarter based on the dealers LAST year EOQ #s and the % increase over last year. It gets complicated. Research and timing are your friend. End of month in March, June, September, and December tend to be best times because dealers are trying to hit and increase in % from previous year.

Comment

This. Bought my truck, they barely came off, but it was a higher trim package, and a quick seller. This was 8 years ago.

My Focus ST I was 33% off (Ford had just announced it would no longer sell cars in the US, and dealers were trying to get rid of them).

My Hellcat was 10% off (Dodge had PowerDays, so $10 off per horsepower), and I talked them down another ~$2k because it was black.

Comment

also its tough right now to get a good deal. With all production either drastically slowed or stopped the inventory is low and is keep the prices high

Comment

Working...
                              X