RV Carports At The Lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RV Carports At The Lease

I'm still trying to find the best RV Carport to put over my camper. I like the portable carport, but I'm still trying to figure out the how long I need the legs. The top of the roof is 9' then the AC unit should be 2' to the top of that. I just don't want 3' above my camper as some of these have vertical roofs. Would like to see what you guys have over your campers. I know this has been brought up before, but any help would be appreciated thanks.

We had 12 foot legs on ours and there was plenty room above. Sorry I don't have any pictures to show you.

Comment

This is what I did. Used 2X4s across the top to hold it, then ratchet straps. Going on 4 years now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Camper edited (002).jpg
Views:	5
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	24567853

Comment

Got about $200 in it.

Comment

My set up. We built 5 of these in a long weekend. 16x40. Can’t remember how tall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

^^ very nice! Been thinking about building something like this myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
              My set up. We built 5 of these in a long weekend. 16x40. Can’t remember how tall.

How much did you have in materials?

Comment

Can’t remember exactly but it was under $1500/man. 5 of us built them together, one guy had a skid steer and we rented the auger. Set all posts the first day and built the rest over the next 2-3 days. A couple of guys put tin down the backside of theirs also.

Comment

I did 12' legs at the lease. It is tall, but I wanted room to work for whatever reason since I wont be moving it. I did 11' legs for my good camper at home, still plenty room. 10' legs would work pending the roof pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvey View Post
                    I did 12' legs at the lease. It is tall, but I wanted room to work for whatever reason since I wont be moving it. I did 11' legs for my good camper at home, still plenty room. 10' legs would work pending the roof pitch.
                    Where did you get your carport?

Comment

Working...
                    X