KCA Ranch. A Work in Progress.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
    Hard to believe the grandbabies are that big already. Those are times I still remember in my youth at that age.

Place is look-n great Bobby~!
    I know. And I forgot to post a pic of the newest grandson.

Comment

Another Great day. More tractor work, wasp warfare, hanging a bug zapper for mamma, brisket and turkey legs for lunch, and bacon wrapped asparagus, chicken on the smoker.

Comment

Sounds like a good day Bobby!
        Cut cedars , filled waterers and protein feeders. Rested for a few hours and cut more cedars. Gonna sleep good tonite!
        Place is looking Good Bobby!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
          Sounds like a good day Bobby!
          Cut cedars , filled waterers and protein feeders. Rested for a few hours and cut more cedars. Gonna sleep good tonite!
          Place is looking Good Bobby!
          Got any pics of your waterers? I've got a few extra water totes I'm thinking of using.

Comment

Hey Bobby,
            I don't have a pic right now, but what we have done is take a 275 gallon water tote & run pvc under ground to a horse stall waterer like you get at tractor supply, the red plastic one with a float. They are about a 2 gallon size. We bury it to the top & put a couple of stakes next to them with part of the stake bent over the lip of the waterer. I have been using them for 5 yrs & no problems so far. Kinda surprised the pigs haven't torn them up ,but they just come & get a drink & leave. I have an oasis waterer that was commercially built a few years ago. the pigs will splash water out of the tray some ,but again no problems so far. I'll try to get a pic next weekend.

Comment

Enjoy those great looking grand children. Looks like you're giving them some very good memories.
              You're really coming along with the place and really looking good. Takes a lot of hard work but it is worth it all when you can sit back and enjoy it afterwards.

Here are some old photos of one of my water systems when I put it in. It has been in use for over 7 years now. Had to replace the tote and the valve once, last year, but it has worked well. Somewhere I have pictures of pigs taking a bath in the small thing but they've never torn it up. Yet. Everything uses it from birds, skunks, pigs deer, etc... and the neighbors dogs. The critters will empty it in about a week and a half during the summer and they will still use it during the winter. Just not as much.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wildlife Waterer 1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	24542339

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wildlife Waterer 2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	24542340

Keep up the good work.

JC

Comment

Thank you sir. Appreciate the kind comments.

Comment

Looking like home Chew, keep up the good work. Do you find any arrowhweads in your creek?

Hogboy

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhogboy View Post
                    Looking like home Chew, keep up the good work. Do you find any arrowhweads in your creek?

Hogboy
                    No sir. I wish! But haven't looked real hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      No sir. I wish! But haven't looked real hard.
                      You ought to try that would be awesome!!! I'd have to get Johnny out there to show you where to look.

Comment

Had some broken welds on my gate because I forgot to grease the hinges. StanR was nice enough to bring his welder over today in this heat and get me fixed up. Thanks again Stan!

Comment

July 4th week....

Set up a pool

Cut and hauled brush/yaupon for a whole day

Ran from wasps for 100 yds

Cooked a ****** rack of beef ribs and a mediocre brisket

Soaked in the pool for hours

Drank some bourbon

Had some great visitors (my son Jonathon, grandson Korbin, TBH'er Randy and Calls and their wives.

Need to fill feeders and get cameras going.

Comment

Tagged you this evening on a FB ad for same welder that Stan and I have

Comment

First time Ive seen this.. Place looks Awesome!

I have successfully hunted the same 20 acres for the last 10 years

Comment

Looking good, Bobby!

Comment

Working...
                                X