Texas knapping rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas knapping rock

Wife and I did our winter SW visit this passed winter for the 1st time in 3 winters. We visit New Mexico to hunt artifacts and then on to Texas to visit with my Marine buddy who was shot an paralyzed in Viet Nam. I like to wonder and look for knapping rock but that is hard to do in Texas unless you know someone, lol. I did manage to get a loaf of bread size rock out of a park tho. I sent it off to get slabbed up and cooked. Texas rock makes some of the best hunting points around IMHO.

Where are you located?

Comment

post up some before and after pics if you don't mind.

Comment

You can come find some in my driveway. Lol
        Attached Files

Comment

I am from Michigan where we have a very limited amount of knapping rock. I tried to load some photos but I guess I don;t know how.

I just tried to change my avitar photo and couldn't figure out how to do that.
          Last edited by Jon Stewart; 09-28-2017, 05:31 AM.

Comment

I like that Joshua tree knife handle

Comment

Thanks, Actually that handle is dead cholla cactus. I brought home around 70 pieces of it for knife handles. If I could figure this picture posting thing out I would post some photo's of some that I have made.

That knife is sitting on a metate that I found in New Mexico and the antlers are a matched drop set found in the RV park by me just north of San Antonio.

Comment

Working...
              X