Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 06-05-2017, 04:25 PM   #101
Texans42
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Martin View Post

Did 4 miles with a 50lb sand bag this afternoon. Gonna have to switch to am hikes cause it was brutal hiking in the heat. Digging the new exo, very happy so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Use the crib As much as possible. It gets load up how higher and less stress on the pack material overall
Texans42 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-05-2017, 10:25 PM   #102
TWP
Ten Point

Hunt In: San Angelo
Default Mti

If you guys are really ready to test yourself about 8 weeks out from a big hunt, you can do Rob Shaul's stuff out of Jackson, WY. This program is NO JOKE, but it worked for me. No gyms, just a pack, two 25# dumbells and a couple homemade san****s and a bench/box.

You don't have to think and you just do it as written.

http://mtntactical.com/shop/big-game...ining-program/
TWP is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-05-2017, 11:50 PM   #103
JTeLarkin08
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Weatherford/Childress

I did two rounds of this tonight. I can honestly say that's def the first time I've done 100 burpees. 43:54

JTeLarkin08 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-06-2017, 09:36 AM   #104
hooligan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Foard Co.

So I've been keeping more of my triathlon training going than anything specific to long, heavy hikes. I'm not gonna be hunting out west till next year, would it be best to find and purchase a pack for hikes now or just get a weight vest and a couple rogue plates?
hooligan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-06-2017, 09:38 AM   #105
JTeLarkin08
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
So I've been keeping more of my triathlon training going than anything specific to long, heavy hikes. I'm not gonna be hunting out west till next year, would it be best to find and purchase a pack for hikes now or just get a weight vest and a couple rogue plates?

I would get a pack. I've seen a weighted pack wreck some guys who were in running shape. Gotta get used to the way the pack feels.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:41 AM   #106
hooligan
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
I would get a pack. I've seen a weighted pack wreck some guys who were in running shape. Gotta get used to the way the pack feels.

Any recommendations? Seems like everyone on rokslide and gohunt that I read reviews on are sponsors so I take those with a grain of salt.

2018 will be mule deer in NM (hopefully) and elk in co or nm the next year

Last edited by hooligan; 06-06-2017 at 09:55 AM..
Old 06-06-2017, 09:46 AM   #107
Codie
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young,Throckmorton & Shackleford counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
Tag. No hunts planned this year but I need to get back on my training schedule.

Does anyone have a weighted vest they would recommend?
I use a 5.11 tactical vest and really like it
Codie is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-06-2017, 09:53 AM   #108
bphillips
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Schleicher, Tom Green Co.

Quote:
Any recommendations? Seems like everyone on rokslide and gohunt that I read reviews on are sponsors so I take those with a grain of salt.

2918 will be mule deer in NM (hopefully) and elk in co or nm the next year
Kifaru or Stone Glacier
bphillips is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-06-2017, 10:00 AM   #109
the marshall
Six Point

Hunt In: Tex-ok-la

If someone would be interested in this I would let it go for cheap. PM me

Attached Images

the marshall is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-06-2017, 10:06 AM   #110
JTeLarkin08
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by bphillips View Post
Kifaru or Stone Glacier

Yep. Or Exo.

I run Kifaru and it is expensive to get the frame and the pack but once you do you have it for ever.

Old 06-06-2017, 10:08 AM   #111
bphillips
Pope & Young

Quote:
Yep. Or Exo.

I run Kifaru and it is expensive to get the frame and the pack but once you do you have it for ever.

Never messed with an Exo but they get good reviews. I have Stone Glacier and really like the way it carries weight and it's very lightweight
Old 06-06-2017, 10:14 AM   #112
hooligan
Ten Point

Quote:
Yep. Or Exo.

Thanks guys I'll check them out. I had no idea until I started reading a couple months ago how little gear I have for these types of hunts and I want to make sure to get the best quality I can afford so it doesn't fail on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codie View Post
I use a 5.11 tactical vest and really like it
I've had my eye on this for a while. Seems like it would be good especially for the gym/runs or throwing on to walk with the pup
Old 06-06-2017, 10:20 AM   #113
Felix40
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public land

Theres a pretty big difference between a vest and a pack. If you can afford it training with a pack will help a lot. It helps build hip flexors and make your skin tougher so you dont chaffe. I run a kifaru I bought used on rokslide for a little more than a pack from rei and its twice the pack you could get at rei. Ive had it two years and packed 10 animals. It almost feels better with 100# than my old pack did with 20#. Stone glacier and exo would be others I would consider.
Felix40 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-06-2017, 03:11 PM   #114
TWP
Ten Point

SAID, Specific Adaptation to Imposed Demands, or at least as much as you can. Obviously, we aren't climbing mountains for 8-10 days at a time for training. But I do know I was very humbled in the fall of 2004 on my first elk hunt, maybe it was the two hind quarters at one time in a Kelty Cache Hauler, but it made me a believer. Buy once, cry once. Buy yourself a good pack and spend time under it, it will most definitely pay off.
Old 06-06-2017, 04:13 PM   #115
Sneaky
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hays, Milam, Caldwell, Hamilton, Burnet, Williamson, Bastrop

Quote:
Yep. Or Exo.

Kifaru here also. The best darn frame and packs ever created.
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-06-2017, 04:31 PM   #116
brandonsbird02
Six Point

Hunt In: Henderson county

I've got a mystery ranch metcalf and love it so far. This will be my first season with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
brandonsbird02 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-06-2017, 05:14 PM   #117
TexasBob
Ten Point

I'm in. Trying to get back to a good diet and exercise routine. Wife got pregnant early 2016 and daughter was born in nov so diet and work has been gone for over a year. Thankfully only gained about 15 pounds but it's all fat. September will be here quick. 30 min and 100 floors on the stair master kicked my rear today.

I need ab exercise ideas. Hate sit ups.

TexasBob is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-06-2017, 05:20 PM   #118
tbeak
Ten Point

Hunt In: Anywhere i can

Everyone should listen to the Hunt Backcountry podcast episode 62
tbeak is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-06-2017, 05:32 PM   #119
SwampRabbit
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hill Country & East Texas

Spent some time reading up on rucking. Seems to me that rucking would be an ideal workout/program for this. As I said in a previous post that I believe creating a substantial base around the biggest part of the activity that presents the challenge is the way to go. I've done a ton of walking... now it is time to do a lot of rucking which will mean I will go from 15 miles a day on average doing unweight brisk walks... to progressing to 15 miles a day with #35 on my back/shoulders. It was eye opening when I did 8 miles (2 sessions) wearing a basic backpack with only #13. Tried on and purchased a 5.11 Rush 12. I like the size for a hunting pack and should be able to take up to 30-35# as an everyday training pack for next handful of months.
SwampRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-06-2017, 05:37 PM   #120
SwampRabbit
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeak View Post
Everyone should listen to the Hunt Backcountry podcast episode 62
I will look that one up. I follow Steven Rinella, and he has a good podcast on backcountry fitness. Needless to say, my take away from listening to him is that all the crossfit stuff, while good for you, doesn't map to what you need in the backcountry. Putting in the miles, breaking in your boots, and taking care of our feet is what matters (at least that is what I gleaned from it.) Ironically, yoga was one of the suprising things. I personally can't stand yoga and prefer pilates instead.
Old 06-06-2017, 05:38 PM   #121
SwampRabbit
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBob View Post

I need ab exercise ideas. Hate sit ups.
Look up Pilates. Ignore any spiritual crap... the workouts themselves are phenomenal for building core strength.
Old 06-06-2017, 05:39 PM   #122
ladrones
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
Tag. No hunts planned this year but I need to get back on my training schedule.

Does anyone have a weighted vest they would recommend?
I have this one. It is really well built.
https://www.weightvest.com/45-lb-v-f...g-weight-vest/
ladrones is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-06-2017, 07:01 PM   #123
ladrones
Pope & Young

Know your limitations while out working.

J.R. Oppenheim
June 06, 2017 04:31 PM

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- After an 11-hour rescue operation Monday, the Sandoval County Sheriff's Office confirmed one hiker died and two others were rescued after being stranded in a remote area west of Albuquerque.

SCSO Lt. Robert Chavez said Jimmy Fish sustained a medical episode and collapsed during a hiking trip. Fish and the two other hikers began their trek in the morning hours and traversed eight hours in rough terrain. Temperatures hit the low 90s in the area.

Once Fish collapsed, one of the other hikers tried to phone 911 while other started CPR on Fish. However, those efforts were not successful, Chavez said. The hikers moved Fish's both under a tree while they waited to be rescued.

Crews began searching for the hikers shortly before 1 p.m. Chavez said one of the hikers got reception on his phone by climbing up Mt. Taylor near Guadalupe Ghost Town. An air unit found the men, and the two survivors were airlifted to safety around 6 p.m. A second helicopter recovered Fish's body around 11:30 p.m.

Fish, of Placitas, was the uncle of one of the hikers. Their ages have not been released. The cause of death for Fish remains unknown.
ladrones is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-06-2017, 07:09 PM   #124
tbeak
Ten Point

Hunt In: Anywhere i can

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampRabbit View Post
I will look that one up. I follow Steven Rinella, and he has a good podcast on backcountry fitness. Needless to say, my take away from listening to him is that all the crossfit stuff, while good for you, doesn't map to what you need in the backcountry. Putting in the miles, breaking in your boots, and taking care of our feet is what matters (at least that is what I gleaned from it.) Ironically, yoga was one of the suprising things. I personally can't stand yoga and prefer pilates instead.
Sort of a similar line of thought on this podcast. It was a good one. But didn't have yoga

I don't mind yoga. I feel better after a while of doing it
tbeak is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-06-2017, 09:36 PM   #125
Redraider
Ten Point

Hunt In: Panhandle, Out of State

I have a weighted 40lbs vest that I use quite often. Like others have said it doesn't compare to an actual weighted pack. My hip flexors give me the most issues when out west. I have bands that I do adductor and abductor exercises to help strengthen. Working on my masters degree hampers my ability to workout as much as I would like, but I do stuff year round.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Redraider is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-06-2017, 10:03 PM   #126
hooligan
Ten Point

Quote:
That was an interesting episode hearing him and Dirt talk about yoga. I love it and used to practice it daily but have gotten lazy the last couple years and only do it a couple days a week to help stretch my hips before or after long swims.

My wife does barre and if you want a core work out or one that will hammer small muscle groups look up some of those workouts. I'm not a fan of Pilates because of the equipment involved but yoga and barre can be done anywhere with nothing.

I was not productive at work today, spent most of my time researching packs. Decided not to get one to just "get me through" till a hunt but save up and buy a quality one. Dang they ain't cheap!
Old 06-06-2017, 10:08 PM   #127
SwampRabbit
Pope & Young

Quote:
That was an interesting episode hearing him and Dirt talk about yoga. I love it and used to practice it daily but have gotten lazy the last couple years and only do it a couple days a week to help stretch my hips before or after long swims.

My wife does barre and if you want a core work out or one that will hammer small muscle groups look up some of those workouts. I'm not a fan of Pilates because of the equipment involved but yoga and barre can be done anywhere with nothing.

I was not productive at work today, spent most of my time researching packs. Decided not to get one to just "get me through" till a hunt but save up and buy a quality one. Dang they ain't cheap!
I was introduced to pilates using reformer pilates. While having a personal trainer and the reformer machine is awesome... I find mat pilates equally as challenging and obviously requires no equipment. I have a couple DVDs that have a few mat routines to use.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Old 06-08-2017, 07:22 PM   #128
SwampRabbit
Pope & Young

Did a 3 mile ruck and a 2 mile ruck this morning, both with 20#. Then did a 5 mile unweighted walk at lunch.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:33 PM   #129
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Amistad

Quote:
Do you know which number or the title of the fitness podcast??

Quote:
Did a 3 mile ruck and a 2 mile ruck this morning, both with 20#. Then did a 5 mile unweighted walk at lunch.

Looks like you are putting in some good miles I did two hours of basketball Tuesday and took a knee to my right calf which kept me off the stairclimber but I must have walked three hours both yesterday and today each.
Pedernal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-08-2017, 09:10 PM   #130
SwampRabbit
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedernal View Post
Do you know which number or the title of the fitness podcast??

Looks like you are putting in some good miles I did two hours of basketball Tuesday and took a knee to my right calf which kept me off the stairclimber but I must have walked three hours both yesterday and today each.
I had to look it up. Pretty sure it is 49. If you have listened to his podcasts, you probably know they chit chat alot around just a few preplanned topics. He mentions fitness and foot care often as it comes up in a few podcasts... but according to the notes I think 49 is the one I am thinking of.

Old 06-08-2017, 10:19 PM   #131
JTeLarkin08
Pope & Young

I'm about to head out on a 3-4 mile run then do DT.

Has anyone ever been to a yoga studio? I'm thinking about going to try hot yoga sat. I feel like I could use the flexibility and it should be a good workout in a 105 degree room

Old 06-08-2017, 10:23 PM   #132
TWP
Ten Point

8 miles with 50# in the Timberline followed up by hang cleans and dead lifts, was freak'n hot today and my dang feet are swollen nice and big.

If you want to learn from someone who makes a living training mountain athletes, and not a writer. Check out Rob Shaul, here is a good one to start with. https://journalofmountainhunting.com...orthy-chassis/
Old 06-08-2017, 10:24 PM   #133
TWP
Ten Point

Try "Running DT" you RUN, as in actually run hard a 400 between each round of DT, it is terrible. Dang it boy!

Quote:
I'm about to head out on a 3-4 mile run then do DT.

Has anyone ever been to a yoga studio? I'm thinking about going to try hot yoga sat. I feel like I could use the flexibility and it should be a good workout in a 105 degree room

Old 06-08-2017, 10:26 PM   #134
bphillips
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWP View Post
8 miles with 50# in the Timberline followed up by hang cleans and dead lifts, was freak'n hot today and my dang feet are swollen nice and big.

If you want to learn from someone who makes a living training mountain athletes, and not a writer. Check out Rob Shaul, here is a good one to start with. https://journalofmountainhunting.com...orthy-chassis/
I have his mountain hunter workout and it's vey intense
Old 06-08-2017, 10:34 PM   #135
TWP
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bphillips View Post
I have his mountain hunter workout and it's vey intense
Yep, the last 8 weeks before my elk hunt every year for the past two years...it makes me want to cry on his mini events on Saturday. 3-4 hours of whoop butt by the time you are done.
Old 06-08-2017, 10:42 PM   #136
JTeLarkin08
Pope & Young

Quote:
Yep, the last 8 weeks before my elk hunt every year for the past two years...it makes me want to cry on his mini events on Saturday. 3-4 hours of whoop butt by the time you are done.

Man I just don't have 3-4 hours for long workouts like that. I can usually get 2 or so on weekends.

Old 06-08-2017, 10:51 PM   #137
TWP
Ten Point

Quote:
Man I just don't have 3-4 hours for long workouts like that. I can usually get 2 or so on weekends.

Those are only as long as you want. The normal other 5 days are way quicker. Just depends on how bad you want it I guess. The best thing is it can be done in the garage with hardly any other gear.

You are gonna need lots of fitness to pack that bull out solo amigo, those hills aren't high but they are steep down there.
Old 06-08-2017, 11:00 PM   #138
JTeLarkin08
Pope & Young

Quote:
Those are only as long as you want. The normal other 5 days are way quicker. Just depends on how bad you want it I guess. The best thing is it can be done in the garage with hardly any other gear.

You are gonna need lots of fitness to pack that bull out solo amigo, those hills aren't high but they are steep down there.

Lol not solo anymore. Met a New Mexico guy and we're gonna team up and hunt together. But trust me I know I'm gonna need to be in better shape lol

Old 06-09-2017, 10:30 AM   #139
TWP
Ten Point

JT, shoot me your email in a PM. I will shoot you over a lot of his stuff.

Quote:
Lol not solo anymore. Met a New Mexico guy and we're gonna team up and hunt together. But trust me I know I'm gonna need to be in better shape lol

Old 06-09-2017, 11:00 AM   #140
BrianL
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lamar, Dickens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
You can't simulate altitude. The masks to limit air still aren't the same as actually being at 11,000'. If you work for a living and have other things going on in your life, you can't workout 4-8 hours per day either. If you live in Texas and have a job, you really can't full prepare for a backpack hunt at high elevation. You CAN build strength and endurance through exercise. You CAN lose some weight to make life a little easier. You CAN get comfortable with your boots and pack and gear. All of those things that you can do will make it easier. But you will still feel it when you're at 11,000' with a pack on your back. Just be as fit as you can be when you get there and take care of your feet like your hunt depends on them (it does).
I would think mask has to help. Air, or lack of, was my biggest issue. We camped at 10,600'. I ran out of wind LONG before I got into muscle fatigue. I couldn't go fast enough to get physically drained.

I lost 15#s the two months prior to leaving, and 10#s the week I was hunting.
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2017, 11:01 AM   #141
tigerscowboy
Ten Point

Hunt In: Birds @ Eagle Lake. Elk, Antelope, Carribou, Deer @ TX, CO, MO, WY, & Alaska. Bass in TX & MO.

Anyone that has remained active during their life has discovered what works for them and what needs work. I've been hunting/hiking +- 1,500 ft at 8,000ft of elevation on the same mountains since 26 yrs old and have never carried 30+ lbs of gear with me on hunts. Bow weighs little, rifle weighs 8lbs, and my pack might be 10lbs (if ever) and only at the start with the water supply.

Active plus regular workouts year round as a lifestyle.

8 weeks out I begin this: 20 min of Stair Climber/Treadmill @ 15* & at 5 min intervals alternating with Leg Press 100lbs for 5 min intervals. I don't count the reps, just press continuously for 5 min and get back on the Stair Climber/Treadmill for 5 min. Total leg workout is 40 min.

Occasionally I'll carry a single 30-40lb dumbbell while on the Stair Climber/Treadmill, but I'm not onboard with adding a 50lb backpack to a workout.

Last edited by tigerscowboy; 06-09-2017 at 11:19 AM..
tigerscowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2017, 03:31 PM   #142
TWP
Ten Point

If you don't carry heavy packs and don't like moving heavy weights, that is no problem. Get a bull elk down 5 miles into a Wilderness area or get a mule deer down up top. That is where it makes the difference. To each their own, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with going the extra mile in everything, especially physical fitness. It won't kill you anything, but it can make it a heck of a lot more pleasant of a job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerscowboy View Post
Anyone that has remained active during their life has discovered what works for them and what needs work. I've been hunting/hiking +- 1,500 ft at 8,000ft of elevation on the same mountains since 26 yrs old and have never carried 30+ lbs of gear with me on hunts. Bow weighs little, rifle weighs 8lbs, and my pack might be 10lbs (if ever) and only at the start with the water supply.

Active plus regular workouts year round as a lifestyle.

8 weeks out I begin this: 20 min of Stair Climber/Treadmill @ 15* & at 5 min intervals alternating with Leg Press 100lbs for 5 min intervals. I don't count the reps, just press continuously for 5 min and get back on the Stair Climber/Treadmill for 5 min. Total leg workout is 40 min.

Occasionally I'll carry a single 30-40lb dumbbell while on the Stair Climber/Treadmill, but I'm not onboard with adding a 50lb backpack to a workout.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:03 PM   #143
tigerscowboy
Ten Point

Hunt In: Birds @ Eagle Lake. Elk, Antelope, Carribou, Deer @ TX, CO, MO, WY, & Alaska. Bass in TX & MO.

As I stated, I keep weight fitness current year round with my own lifestyle.

Any hunter packing out an animal from wherever starts by assessing their own abilities and limitations. Get the work done in 2 trips or 6. Whatever it takes. Limitations are raised if hunter was injured whatsoever during the training preparation.

I commented that I discourage humping around a 50lb backpack of BS for weeks and miles in preparation for a hunt. I also disagree with an approach to a "modest" healthy lifestyle that follows the "crossfit religion". Flip tires, overhead squat, snatch, carry sand, and all the other creative moves. Let's agree to debate this in about 10 years and discuss all of the after effects.

Nobody here knows what anyone else here is capable of or has been through, but I can tell you that unless you have been a paid guide, you have not had to pack more game out of the Rockies over the last 24 years (uphill and downhill without ATVs or horses) than I.

Again, do what works for you. This is a good source for additional ideas and challenges that could prepare each of us for a successful, healthy, and safe hunt.

Last edited by tigerscowboy; 06-09-2017 at 07:27 PM..
Old 06-09-2017, 08:52 PM   #144
Texans42
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerscowboy View Post
As I stated, I keep weight fitness current year round with my own lifestyle.

Any hunter packing out an animal from wherever starts by assessing their own abilities and limitations. Get the work done in 2 trips or 6. Whatever it takes. Limitations are raised if hunter was injured whatsoever during the training preparation.

I commented that I discourage humping around a 50lb backpack of BS for weeks and miles in preparation for a hunt. I also disagree with an approach to a "modest" healthy lifestyle that follows the "crossfit religion". Flip tires, overhead squat, snatch, carry sand, and all the other creative moves. Let's agree to debate this in about 10 years and discuss all of the after effects.

Nobody here knows what anyone else here is capable of or has been through, but I can tell you that unless you have been a paid guide, you have not had to pack more game out of the Rockies over the last 24 years (uphill and downhill without ATVs or horses) than I.

Again, do what works for you. This is a good source for additional ideas and challenges that could prepare each of us for a successful, healthy, and safe hunt.
I'm no Montana Unlimited archery tag puncher but I think people just need to get out and increase their aerobic capacity, if that means flipping tires, who cares. If that means 50lb because A) they like creature comforts B)they can't afford top gear(and pack it self already weights 10lb) or C) water is scarce and they have to bring a bunch in D) they hunt out further and longer then you.....then so be it.

A debilitating Injury is the inability to over compensate. Thus why exceptional fit individuals can function at a high level with separated/torn/injured ligaments that would lay up most people...PCL's ACL's etc.

Last edited by Texans42; 06-09-2017 at 09:35 PM..
Texans42 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2017, 05:28 PM   #145
JTeLarkin08
Pope & Young

I did 3.5 miles with a backpack and a kiddo on my back today at the zoo. Then doing mulch in the flower beds tonight. That's my wod

Old 06-10-2017, 06:52 PM   #146
tigerscowboy
Ten Point

Kids at the zoo is always a heavy workout day.
Old 06-10-2017, 08:58 PM   #147
AJMag
Pope & Young

Hunt In: SHNF

I'm a little sore today. Upped the weight on squats so my thighs are pretty sore and the kids have jumped on them all... dang..... day! Upper body is a little tired from pushing a little hard. Hoping to give it hell tomorrow night. Need to focus on core work and spend some time on the eliptical

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
AJMag is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2017, 09:43 PM   #148
TxAg
Pope & Young

Anyone have lower back pain? How do you prefer to work around it?
TxAg is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2017, 10:10 PM   #149
brandonsbird02
Six Point

Hunt In: Henderson county

With back pain work on core strength. stretch ur hamstrings and hip flexors and that has helped mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
brandonsbird02 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2017, 11:16 PM   #150
AJMag
Pope & Young

Hunt In: SHNF

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
Anyone have lower back pain? How do you prefer to work around it?
I'm a moron and gluten for punishment.... so heavy deadlifts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
AJMag is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top