sabine national forest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
    I went this past spring for a turkey hunt with no success, did see some deer and deer signs. I would like to make a trip over there for a hunt with out much scouting I think it may be a hard hunt, heck I have a hard enough time hunting the Sam Houston.
    I saw a group of 6 turkeys when I was up there last week. Usually see one or two while scouting.

Comment

That's cool tx fire. I heard some but never but eyes on them while out there.
      Public hunting, man this is tuff stuff.

Comment

Yes it is

Comment

That turkey on my avatar is from Sabine. It is definitely holding some good birds. I have never not seen deer when I go up to my turkey spot either.

Comment

Yep, but that's why I love it. The challenge! Dont get me wrong, I've got no problem with sitting in a nice warm blind over a feeder any day, but there's just something about public land that keeps bringing me back and I have yet to take a deer on public land other than drawn hunts.

Comment

Never made it out to the woods but did see a ton of deer and hogs on the side of the road during the day and early in the morning. I believe I'll be able to get back up there in a couple of weeks. Dont think ill hunt in the Moore plantation. Just national forest.

Comment

ttt

Comment

Originally posted by coach2 View Post
                  Never made it out to the woods but did see a ton of deer and hogs on the side of the road during the day and early in the morning. I believe I'll be able to get back up there in a couple of weeks. Dont think ill hunt in the Moore plantation. Just national forest.
                  Isn't this your busiest time of the year with football season?

Comment

Yes it is but I at least get saturday evenings and sundays off. Between fishing and football not much time at all.

Comment

Wished we could make this thread a sticky and keep it close to the top.

Comment

well its a new week so I thought I'd bump this to the top.

Comment

I'll get out and about this long 3 day weekend. Found some good areas on google earth.

Comment

well its a new week so I figured I'd bump this to the top. Somebody has to be doing something to get ready in the SNF.

Comment

Hey fellow SNF hunters

I just wanted to say if you've ever seen a silver Dodge truck on hwy 2426 (near hwy 87) Moore Plantation, that's me. Stop and say hi if you ever see me packing or unpacking on the side of the road. I've hunted SNF (mostly that area) for many years now, and I've got some good pointers.

Also, ticks are real bad right now. I've noticed the past couple months (while scounting) that their increasing rapidly. Do yourself a favor and invest in some Permethrin before venturing out.
                              Last edited by sm000; 09-02-2014, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Where is hwy 2246 near 87 at?

Comment

Working...
                                X