Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 06-26-2017, 09:58 AM   #1
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default SCOTUS overturns 9th and 4th

Travel Ban is on!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure why they didn't go to the SCOTUS faster on this.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/news/supr...-politics.html
J Sweet is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2017, 10:02 AM   #2
kch73
Eight Point

Hunt In: Navarro County

Liberal heads exploding again!
kch73 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2017, 10:04 AM   #3
txpitdog
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Liberty Co.

Yay! We're not allowed to travel to ****holes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
txpitdog is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2017, 10:16 AM   #4
Livin'2hunt
Eight Point

Hunt In: my birthday suit

It is pathetic we find ourselves in a state of affairs that we applaud a decision by SCOTUS that should be a no-brainer. Title 8, Section 1182 of the U.S. Code grants the POTUS unabridged authority to ban any aliens or group therein deemed detrimental to the US. In fact, it is the same Law Obama exercised in 2011. I heard no Marxist saying s**t about its usage back then.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2017, 10:37 AM   #5
Charles
Pope & Young

Winning!
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2017, 10:44 AM   #6
Coup de Grace
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Trophy Hunts Only.

Yes sir....
Coup de Grace is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2017, 10:49 AM   #7
ACCURACYINC
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mcmullen County

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpitdog View Post
Yay! We're not allowed to travel to ****holes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think more inportantly, ****holes aren't allowed to travel to us...
ACCURACYINC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2017, 11:04 AM   #8
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

alright, now that this has happened, time to EXPAND that sucker!!! Time to tell the "Master Legislator" Ms. Tunafish and Chuck-U shoomer to pound sand... remember what they said way back when... "we won, get used to it"...

It's only a partial lifting temporarily, but might as well start to push ahead and secure this country and its borders...

Last edited by SaltwaterSlick; 06-26-2017 at 11:08 AM..
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2017, 12:04 PM   #9
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
It is pathetic we find ourselves in a state of affairs that we applaud a decision by SCOTUS that should be a no-brainer. Title 8, Section 1182 of the U.S. Code grants the POTUS unabridged authority to ban any aliens or group therein deemed detrimental to the US. In fact, it is the same Law Obama exercised in 2011. I heard no Marxist saying s**t about its usage back then.
Pathetic isn't the term, it is scary. Our entire premise of government rests on the interpretation and perceived validity of a document by several groups of individuals who may or may not allow their own opinions to influence their decisions. In this instance the 5th & 9th said we don't care what the law says, we are going to deliver this marginal decision and let someone else clean up the mess.
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2017, 12:09 PM   #10
Charles
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
alright, now that this has happened, time to EXPAND that sucker!!! Time to tell the "Master Legislator" Ms. Tunafish and Chuck-U shoomer to pound sand... remember what they said way back when... "we won, get used to it"...

It's only a partial lifting temporarily, but might as well start to push ahead and secure this country and its borders...
Trump administration can continue to renew the ban every 90 days
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2017, 12:46 PM   #11
Livin'2hunt
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
Pathetic isn't the term, it is scary. Our entire premise of government rests on the interpretation and perceived validity of a document by several groups of individuals who may or may not allow their own opinions to influence their decisions. In this instance the 5th & 9th said we don't care what the law says, we are going to deliver this marginal decision and let someone else clean up the mess.

Pathetic in that, we (collectively as a populous) have strayed so far from our founding documents and their intent that this chip shot of a ruling is deemed a win by us and a loss by the other half. While we rejoice in that win, in truth, it is neither right or wrong. It's just the way it is with no gray area. Our battle ground IS the SCOTUS. If we lose there, we should simply declare a King and be done with it because half the Country already wants it that way.

McDonald's gave me freakin' apple slices instead of fries and I got a little worked up. Sorry, rant is now over.

Last edited by Livin'2hunt; 06-26-2017 at 01:40 PM..
Old 06-26-2017, 01:59 PM   #12
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever

Quote:
Pathetic in that, we (collectively as a populous) have strayed so far from our founding documents and their intent that this chip shot of a ruling is deemed a win by us and a loss by the other half. While we rejoice in that win, in truth, it is neither right or wrong. It's just the way it is with no gray area. Our battle ground IS the SCOTUS. If we lose there, we should simply declare a King and be done with it because half the Country already wants it that way.

McDonald's gave me freakin' apple slices instead of fries and I got a little worked up. Sorry, rant is now over.
Truth! Sadly both sides want a freakin king from what I can tell!!!
Oh, apple slices may be a,sign from God.....lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2017, 03:07 PM   #13
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Quote:

Oh it's worse than that... It wasn't a mistake you got apple slices... It's another O-bummer mandate that Trump ain't got to yet... The gubment knows better'n you what you ought to be eatin' and they's gonna see that they save us from ourselves...
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2017, 03:09 PM   #14
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
Oh it's worse than that... It wasn't a mistake you got apple slices... It's another O-bummer mandate that Trump ain't got to yet... The gubment knows better'n you what you ought to be eatin' and they's gonna see that they save us from ourselves...
Lmao!!!!

Old 06-26-2017, 03:58 PM   #15
Livin'2hunt
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrover View Post

I was CHEATED! The one thing McDonald's does well is French fries and I got rehydrated friggin' apples!!

As for Obama's food mandate, he and his husband Michelle can kiss my proud Texas a*s.
Old 06-26-2017, 05:15 PM   #16
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrover View Post

I really don't understand your fence straddling sometimes. How in the hell do you figure that conservative want a king? That, in itself, is totally against what conservatism is.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2017, 05:17 PM   #17
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Dems knew the previous court rulings would be overturned, their objective is to always create strife when a republican is in charge. They are a sorry bunch who will create any number of crises with the simple goal of attempting to disrupt.
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2017, 06:07 PM   #18
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
I really don't understand your fence straddling sometimes. How in the hell do you figure that conservative want a king? That, in itself, is totally against what conservatism is.
No fence sitting here at all, just unfiltered observation. Last I checked Trump is nobody's vision of a conservative.......(e.g.,the small group of congressman & senators he publicly stated he wants to dismantle )...not even close to a conservative politician based on "his actions and very public words to the contrary!" As always, I pray for success as we all are on this ship together.