Rolled Him, But He Walked Away...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rolled Him, But He Walked Away...

Sorry for the poor video quality, It is only 5 seconds long and makes more sense the 2nd time watching it, once you know where everything is. You can see the belly as he rolls. My buddy shot it with my iphone...

Decent 8pt buck, hit forward third, but mid to high ribs or on shoulder. Rolled him over, but he just got up and walked away. Recovered the arrow and it had only penetrated less than an inch. 2 of the 3 blades were busted up, like it may have wedged between ribs or 2 other bones and then bounced off.

Here is the broadhead afterwards.... Like a good hunter, I blamed the broadhead and switched.

never seen that. the energy was fully retained by the buck, which is explained by the inch of entry depth. he's sore, but will be okay. different bh won't help i'm afraid.

Comment

Wow, thats a nija deer for sure! Looks to me jumped the string and tried to bolt outa there, fell over when the arrow hit him and it deflected off the rib cage. probably didnt get thru the rib cage cage but under the skin only. He will be back again, and hes marked for life now!!

Comment

You mean BH failed that wasn't a rage!!

Comment

Wasn't the broad head I use them and they are lethal. You can't really see exact poi but crazy video for sure.

Comment

I use the same broad head and has worked flawlessly for me. I have one that I am on pig #3 with. Hard to tell what happened from the video

Comment

Working...
            X