So I got bored today....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I got bored today....

First attempt at a DYI thread so bear with the lack of photos.

I recently picked up a FX3 and since I have not made it to the lease with it yet to try it out on yotes or the possible bobcat, I have been calling at some crows here at the house. Haveing a ton come over the call site but none landing, I figured I needed some decoys.

After a little searching the net., this is what I came up with.

First I found a use for those POS wire hangers everyone has laying around the house.

I just bent them into what is supposed to be a crow like shape.

A couple landing/taking off ones

After the forms were made, I just wrapped them with black duct tape. I would think electrical tape would work as well.

Here are a few pics of a set up I just threw out to get pictures of.

Nothing fancy but hopefully it will trick the crows into landing with in bow range!!

Is the TV broken? GEEZ, you MUST be bored!!

Lookin good, man. Hurry up and make a floppin rabbit and a flappin turkey for the predator lure! I'm ready to try out the FX3. Matbe we'll get a chance monday.

Comment

thats really cool ...i might have to try that

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
        Is the TV broken? GEEZ, you MUST be bored!!

Lookin good, man. Hurry up and make a floppin rabbit and a flappin turkey for the predator lure! I'm ready to try out the FX3. Matbe we'll get a chance monday.
        I already have the turkey feather on a stick lure for Monday!!!

Comment

That's about as redneck as you can get ... I LOVE IT!

Comment

You have too much time on your hands, I might have to get yo a job down here with me.. Let's see the set up for Monday!!!

Comment

I'm gonna buy one of those balls that have a coon tail atached. turn it on and the ball starts to roll and makes the tail flop around. gotta work... right?

Comment

Originally posted by TexaswBOWhunter View Post
                You have too much time on your hands, I might have to get yo a job down here with me.. Let's see the set up for Monday!!!
                When we get out there Monday and I get the set up set up, I'll snap some pics of it.

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
                I'm gonna buy one of those balls that have a coon tail atached. turn it on and the ball starts to roll and makes the tail flop around. gotta work... right?
                I dunno???? it might!

Comment

Originally posted by DrenalinJunkie View Post
                  When we get out there Monday and I get the set up set up, I'll snap some pics of it.

I dunno???? it might!
                  you think we could get Richard to go out there and sit with us?

Comment

Yeah, until I hit play on the caller!!!! I think the first note of the dying rabbit and he would make it to the trailer and never touch the ground on the way!!!!

Comment

Are you crazy? He aint leavin that trailer!

maybe we can sneak up on the trailer and hit play!

Comment

I can sneak in and play the mountain lion ones! I can see a big scary guy tearing apart a travel trailer in record time!!

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                          That's about as redneck as you can get ... I LOVE IT!
                          I let my neck show now and then!!

Comment

Cool idea and cheap... You gonna try it at the lease? We've killed LOTS of crows just south of there.

Comment

Originally posted by AggieHunter View Post
                              Cool idea and cheap... You gonna try it at the lease? We've killed LOTS of crows just south of there.
                              May have to but I am going to try the yotes and cats first.

Just been calling the crows here at the house outta boredom really.

Comment

Working...
                              X