Leaf blower won't run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaf blower won't run

This is a Husqvarna 125b. It was given to me by by BIL. He used it around the house for a year and the next year it wouldn't start. Ethanol had ate up the fuel lines. He replaced some and it still wouldn't run so he gave it to me. I have replaced the carburetor, primer bulb, and all fuel lines. I checked online to ensure I routed them correctly.

This dang thing still won't run. It will run like a champ sometimes for about 10 seconds and then just slowly dies like it is out of fuel. There are no kinks in fuel line. I am beyond frustrated with it at this point. Any ideas? Fuel is new.

I would say possible vacum leak or a miss adjusted carb.

Comment

I would think the same thing but the gaskets are new and the old carb behaved the same way. That is why I replaced it.

Comment

Did you Google it?

Comment

Fire, fuel, air.

It sounds crazy simple, but if you can prove all 3, it's an adjustment. If one is gone, well, you know

Comment

Does that model have reed plates?

Comment

I have that same blower. I used to have starting problems with it until I started using TrueFuel instead of mixing my own. Who knows if it will help yours, but I was amazed how much better it runs on that stuff. It has no ethanol which may help

Comment

I need to start using the premixed stuff. I'm sure that would help.

Well I got it running. Oddly enough I think the problem was that I had the 2 gaskets swapped. There is almost no difference in them and you would think either would work in either location but apparently not. I swapped them and it fired right up. However, it wants to run on half choke. The result of running it for about 5 minutes like that is that it melted some of the plastic housing in front of where the exhaust discharges. So it is definitely running lean at the moment. Hopefully I can correct that by adjusting the carb some. I am very sick of messing with this thing.

Comment

make sure the fuel cap is venting
                  see if there is a screen on the muffler and if there is remove it and clean it

Comment

Does it have a spark arrestor? If so try changing it out.

Comment

Ditto on spark arrestor

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                        make sure the fuel cap is venting
                        see if there is a screen on the muffler and if there is remove it and clean it
                        X2. Also put a new spark plug In it. Had problem with mine and spark plug was main problem but once I cleaned the gas cap vent, it ran even better.

Comment

Spark arrestor is clean. Spark plug is good. Fuel cap is venting fine.

I tore the entire thing apart last night looking for problems. I reassembled this morning and ran it for about 30 mins blowing the yard. On open choke it sounded a little bogged so i played w adjusting the carb and it seemed to help. It will run like a scalded ape with no muffler on. The muffler is clean and unrestricted. With no noted problems and all new parts, i think it will come down to getting the carb tweaked just right. But at least its operational now. I was about ready to smash the thing.

Comment

Ethanol

Comment

Check air filter isn't clogged

Comment

Working...
                              X