You are all invited - check this out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are all invited - check this out!

I am once again traditional tournament director for the Cowtown Bowmen Archery Club in Fort Worth. Mark your Calendars!

The 11th Annual Winter Traditional Shoot is scheduled for February 25/26

For those of you who have not been to Cowtown Bowmen, our club (founded in 1961) is located on 100 wooded acres on the west side of Lake Worth. We take great pride in (and have developed a reputation for) setting a really great 3d course. Our goal is to make it a 40 target combination of challenging, interesting and easier shots so it can be enjoyed by archers of all skill levels. Over 130 rounds were shot at last year’s event and I am hoping to top that this year – by a bunch!

I want to extend a special invitation to those TBHrs who are fairly recent converts to the trad side. No matter your level of expertise or experience, you need to come shoot! You will meet/shoot with an outstanding bunch of archers from across the state, including many who are regulars on this forum. Live a long way from here? Bring the spouse and/or kids and make it part of a get-a-way weekend in Fort Worth!

I would appreciate it if you will spread the word in your corner of the trad community. If you would like for me to email you a PDF of the flyer let me know by PM.

Please let me know if you have any questions – hope to see you there!

Club website www.cowtownbowmen.com

John

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	25104407

Shot at this last year. Great shoot and great hosts. I'm planning on being there again.

Comment

A flying pig? How can one not want to attend just to shoot at that!

Richard.

Comment

I'll be there again this year. This is one of the best shoots of the year!!

Comment

Dang it, I'll most likely be in Arkansas hunting hogs at that time.

Comment

Think I may have to attend my first shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Y'all have all the good shoots up there!!!

All I have ever heard about Cowtown has been very positive. Maybe one of these years I will add to the card count. Have fun and be safe

Comment

I'll be there!!

Comment

I'll try to make it this year John and for once have my own tackle.

Will be right after the Shootout so I should be warmed up.

To this day I've never hit the pig and that dang armadillo keeps his fires blazing with my broken shafts.

Comment

Another thing - bring the kiddos! Trad tournaments are generally very kid friendly. At this one "Cubs" (12 and under) shoot for free and there is no stake for them - they can get as close as they want before taking a shot. So, if you have kids or grandkids you are trying to get into archery, bring them along - they will have a great time.

John

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                      Another thing - bring the kiddos! Trad tournaments are generally very kid friendly. At this one "Cubs" (12 and under) shoot for free and there is no stake for them - they can get as close as they want before taking a shot. So, if you have kids or grandkids you are trying to get into archery, bring them along - they will have a great time.

John

I act like I'm 11 1/2! Does that mean I get to shoot from wherever I want???

Bisch

Comment

What's a "California" start?

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                          I act like I'm 11 1/2! D
                          Bisch
                          Hey, nobody says that about you! (as far as you know)

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post

Gary
                            Pretty much means you can walk up and start at any point between 2 given times.

Saturday is 8am till dusk ( I shot 5 rounds there on Sat last year)

Sunday is 8am till whatever time you can start and still get your card turned in by 1pm.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post

Gary
                              It means there is a time window for starting the course, eg: 8:00am -1:00pm and everyone starts at the first target. Some tournaments do a "shotgun start" - everyone goes off at the same time but just on different targets around the course. I have no idea why they call it California

Comment

Working...
                              X