Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
      I still wear my dog tag
      Do you wear it on your boot laces?

Comment

I have it on my TX dl. I took in my actual honerable discharge cert

Comment

Originally posted by tward1604 View Post
          1st off its not your fault their wasn't anyone needing killing when you were in.

2nd I've spent 7 month on a ship. worst time ever and you were on a sub so I'm sure its multiplied by 10.

3rd even if you think you didn't do much you still did more that 90% so don't discredit your service.
          ^^^^^^^^^ This^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by PilotJoe View Post
            If there is anyone who needs help obtaining proof that they are a Veteran, I can provide you some information that will get the proper credentials you need. Just let me know.
            Can't you just post up the details for everyone to see?

Comment

I need to go to the DMV and get it on my license.

Places i use my discount - Lowe's and Cabela's. Both were easy to get settled up in my rewards accounts. Home Depot on the other hand said my DD214 didn't count. They wanted a valid ID.

Comment

My DL & LTC both have Veterans designation. I just faxed in my DD-214 to DPS. My Lowes online account has it as well and when I use my Lowes credit card, my discout is automatic, I don't have to show anything. I know what you mean about feeling guilty using VA services. I served in peacetime and I have never used the VA benefits, but decided to get the designation on my ID's just in case. I have been trying for 6 months to get my VA cert for a mortgage and still don't have it. It has been a nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
                  Can't you just post up the details for everyone to see?
                  Brian I could but then it would be advertising another site which may be frowned upon.

Comment

Originally posted by Hillbilly Rockstar View Post
                    Roger that. I've never actually used the VA, heck I've never actually used my discount at Lowes or the meal at Applebees...the only thing I have used since getting out in '99 was my GI Bill. I'm not a combat vet (I was on a submarine for 4 years), so I kinda feel bad about using a lot of the entitlements.
                    Hey don't feel bad about being a bubble head. There's a lot of us around. Not a combat vet either, but my boat did drop of a seal team after the Marine barracks bombing back in '83. Someone has to be the handle behind the sharp end.

Comment

Working...
                    X