Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Myth Busted! - Rams are delicious to eat!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great! I agree with you on this one. I shot a ram 2 years ago and smoked the backstraps. It was Delicious. It's all about how you prepare it..

Comment

Looks very delicious

Comment

looks great! don't know if I will ever need the recipe but I guess you could sub any shoulder meat.

Comment

sounds delicious and looks great! can't wait to try it! gives me a reason to want to kill another ram!

Comment

Hmm..

I will have to try that but I may have to hit a ram with my Ram since I wont be hunting them.

Congrats on the tablefare.

Comment

looks like you got out what you put in. I need to try it.

Comment

Originally posted by perfectstorm View Post
                looks great! don't know if I will ever need the recipe but I guess you could sub any shoulder meat.
                Frankly, any shoulder or ham will work and be amazing, it's just the traditional Greek recipe that calls for mutton, since it was historically so prevalent there. The Mouflon Ram originates from Greece as well.

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
                sounds delicious and looks great! can't wait to try it! gives me a reason to want to kill another ram!
                I hear ya, brotha. When I went on the Hotter 'n' Hell ram hunt last year, I shot a monster Merino with my bow, and ended up taking home 16 legs in total, from all the folks that didn't want the meat! I was in heaven!

Comment

Mutton is awesome. Whoever said it was bad?? It's a staple food in many parts of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post
                    Mutton is awesome. Whoever said it was bad?? It's a staple food in many parts of the world.
                    I agree 100%! Lots of folks in the US however, are unaccustomed to preparing mutton, and have this had bad experiences with it, or have heard so many horror stories that they don't even want to give mutton a chance.

Comment

Interesting...may have to give it a try.

Comment

dang! looks awesome

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Looks good! Great work.

Comment

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post
                              Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
                              I agree 100%! Lots of folks in the US however, are unaccustomed to preparing mutton, and have this had bad experiences with it, or have heard so many horror stories that they don't even want to give mutton a chance.
                              I've had this dish in Greece while working there and it was by far my favorite.

I love lamb and mutton but after eating it in both Greece and Turkey I can tell you that it has a totally different flavor over there. It's good in the states but it's way better of there. I don't know if it's what the sheep are fed or the way it's processed but it's fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Allaround View Post
                                I've had this dish in Greece while working there and it was by far my favorite.

I love lamb and mutton but after eating it in both Greece and Turkey I can tell you that it has a totally different flavor over there. It's good in the states but it's way better of there. I don't know if it's what the sheep are fed or the way it's processed but it's fantastic.
                                Yep, it is totally true that domestic mutton differs in flavor from wild mutton, just like domestic pork differs from that of a wild hog.

It's all about taking the proper care and time to prepare the meat properly!

Comment

Working...
                                X