No announcement yet.

The Spring Plot Pic Thread 2013!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We ran fence around that 1.6 acres and I am worn out lol.

Comment

Unclefish, we planted the above plot Saturday. It had rained night before and was pretty gummy (**** blackland). Rained 0.25 an inch yesterday, and hoping for big rains tues/Wed!

We drug it, but with the wet clumps of blackland it didn't drag well.. Think it will be ok?

Overseeded one spot (50 lbs of IC peas/Soybeans w/ 50 lbs fert on prolly 0.4 acres), and then put 75 lbs IC peas/75 lbs soybeans on that 1.6 acre spot w/ 100 lbs 13-13-13.. Add more fert later.

Comment

Nice roto-tiller DDF! That makes a beautiful plot.

ETM - I don't like clods and clumps either.....it doesn't make a great seedbed. Before I had a culti-packer I would drive all over the seedbed with my tractor after I had seeded...just to break those clods up and get seed/soil contact. It sounds like you went heavy on the seed which is good...you should still make a good stand of beans. Glad you got some good rain!

Comment

Yeah, That's me with the gas can lol.. We rototilled it all the day before, then the rain came that night and clodded it up. We drove over it with the fourwheeler and drug it with a cattle panel. Let's hope the rain kinda helped press it down as well. That black land is sticky.

Had an issue with time and got 4 strands on three sides, but only 2 on the other.. How long before you think it starts germinating if we get rain Tues/Wed.. Think if I make it there by this weekend and add the other two strands it'll be in time before it starts coming up to have cows ruin?

We got about $260 in ours in seed/fertilizer. We had the wire, t posts, etc... but man it was some labor.
          Last edited by EastTexasMan; 04-01-2013, 12:52 PM.

Comment

this thread will be an interesting read in July. Anxious to see if the work/dollars were worth it.

Comment

Planted an acre of Turner Seed Spring Deer Mix. Mostly peas.
              Need rain.
              Attached Files

Comment

Did you get any rain last weekend? I'm planting this Friday also doing peas, soybeans, little kill plot of spring mix, and couple strips of sunflowers

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                  It must be the millet or sorghum and not oats.
                  Looked like rye grass when I saw it..lol..

Im waiting a few weeks to plant my spring stuff.. Did frostseed durana clover in my 1/2 acre fall plot.. Its growing great.. Put 100# of 10-20-10 on it Sat.. Should be rocking in the next few weeks
                  Last edited by Leftridge; 04-01-2013, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Here is mine I planted exactly a week ago. About an acre and half disced, sprayed, and broadcasted 100 pounds of I/c cowpeas. Put up plot saver around the whole thing. This is my first go at the plot saver so I will update how it works out for me. I plan on planting about a 10 acre mix of millet and sunflowers around the first of may for doves.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Anyone had any luck with Plot saver.. first I've heard of it.

Comment

good lookin jayken!!

Comment

As usual the rain missed my place by 2 miles last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Sippy View Post
                            As usual the rain missed my place by 2 miles last night.
                            that stinks, im ready to see how the milo turns out

Comment

Forecast says rain from 3 pm today until Thursday morning at 5 am... COME ON RAIN!

Comment

Went to the ranch this weekend and made some browse enclosures and drag harrowed the the sunflower and powerplant plots. The other fields that are planted with chicory plus are starting to pop up. We have had a lot of rain so a little sun will be good. Also found a bridge deep in the woods while walking around. Its about 30-35 ft long.

Last edited by BIG BONE; 12-11-2020, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X